speakers left and right?

emohbe

I just purchased 2 rokit krk 5's and i have them hooked up to a m-audio fast track ultra. They work fine and everything I was just wondering if there was a way to make my left speaker and right speaker play stereo instead of mono. I'm not even sure if I said that right basically if your creating beats I want to be able to have a sound more on the left or right.

Sorry for the n00b explanation

I just purchased 2 rokit krk 5's and i have them hooked up to a m-audio fast track ultra. They work fine and everything I was just wondering if there was a way to make my left speaker and right speaker play stereo instead of mono. I'm not even sure if I said that right basically if your creating beats I want to be able to have a sound more on the left or right.

Sorry for the n00b explanation

They play stereo by default - hook the speaker on the left up to the left channel output on your M-Audio (probably 1) and the one on the right up to your right (2).

From there, you need to pan in your multitracking program. If you want to hear a sound more on the left, then adjust the "pan" setting on that channel towards the left. More on the right, then pan to the right. It's usually a percentage based system, with all tracks defaulting to 0% (dead center), and you having the option to "position" a sound anywhere from 100%L (all left speaker, no right) to 100%R (vice versa), with settings in between making the sound seem to originate from a point in the stereo spectrum between.

I'd also like to point out there are volume knobs on the back of each speaker that can be adjusted and the software settings for your interface can help with this too. However if you want to save your song with panned settings you will have to do that within your audio program (DAW)

just purchased 2 rokit krk 5's and i have them hooked up to a m-audio fast track ultra. They work fine and everything I was just wondering if there was a way to make my left speaker and right speaker play stereo instead of mono. I'm not even sure if I said that right basically if your creating beats I want to be able to have a sound more on the left or right.
Both of them together play stereo. A left and right channel = stereo..

If your DAW program is set up correctly, then you should have no problems panning your tracks in the stereo field
Cj

Back