Soundcard for Recording

Venesectrix

What's a good soundcard for around $100 bucks?
Note: I'm just running a stereo signal(2, 1/4 inch jacks) from my mixer's output to the computer.

Thanks

Definitely stay away from any Sound Blaster series cards. But try this link here to see a bunch of sound cards. There are a few that are a bit more than $100. But whatever you decide is up to you.

Hope this helps.

This is hard to say, they are both pretty much in the same price class, have similar features. The EMU seemed to have slightly better reviews.

EMU Features:
* PCI audio interface
* E-DSP accelerated effects processing and mixing
* Zero-latency, hardware-based mixing and monitoring via included PatchMix DSP mixer
* 2 - 1/4" analog inputs (24-bit/96kHz, 111dB SNR converters)
* 2 - 1/4" analog outputs (24-bit/96kHz, 116dB SNR converters)
* S/PDIF I/O coaxial/optical (24-bit/96kHz)
* MIDI I/O
* Ships with ASIO 2.0 and WDM drivers
* Includes Steinberg Cubasis and WaveLab Lite, SFX Machine LT, and a trial version of Minnetonka's diskWelder BRONZE
* Works with most major PC audio and sequencer applications

M-Audio Features
* Award-winning 24-bit/96kHz digital audio card
* 2x2 full-duplex audio performance
* Gold-plated RCA jacks
* S/PDIF digital I/O with 2-channel PCM and AC-3/DTS passthrough
* 1x1 MIDI I/O
* Zero-latency monitoring
* Software-controlled 36-bit internal DSP mixing/routing
* Apple G5 compatible

APPLICATION:
* 24-bit/96kHz multitrack recording
* MIDI recording and playback
* Supports digital transfers; digital mastering
* A great card for LP/cassette-to-CD transfers
* Ideal for computer-based home theater and hi-fi systems

Includes Maximum Audio Tools software bundle

They are both pretty good sound cards and it would be wrong for me to tell you "get this one", When choosing a card you should see if the cards features will fit around your working criteria. Both seem to have similar features. But if I had to make a choice it would be the M-Audio. I heard good things about that card.

Good Luck!

I can't say anything about the emu, but I have been using my Audiphile 2496 for over a year and I love it. When I upgrade I am planning on getting the 1010lt. I am loving m-audio.

Back