Song that will be a collaboration

Re: finally got it.

erichenryus said:
dude, that was really scary!

BwwWWWAAAaaaHAAHAaHAaHAAAaaaaa !!! , it's fun piece to do, I think your voice would be excellent on the choruses, what cha think ?

erichenryus said:
you mixed the vocals real loud so sluice could hear everything clearly right? cause the vocals are extremely loud in the mix.

In reflection ... maybe. I'm beginning to think that when I mix my own stuff, I'm ignoring the level of my vocal and micromanaging the 'other' mix. I took a tip from some darn webpage and I'm running everything but the vocal to a single bus and comressing that bus, and there is compression on some of the other instruments on 'sub-busses' ... lotta busses drivin' round here ... ahem ... Yes, I did want Sluice to hear the vocal well, but I think I've fallen into a vocal mixing trap of sorts, I'm gunshy on mixing the vocal too low now ... isn't that a pip eh ? I appreciate the push in the right direction.

erichenryus said:
why you want sluice to do it?

Sluice has a knack for the 'growling evil voice' dripping with poison kind of thing ... that still maintains good diction and pronunciation. My voice is really to clean, although I can be dramatic. Remeber the guy that sang 'Mr. Grinch' ... that's what I want here. Lookit Sluice's Avatar choices ... I mean ... the guy's crazy ! :D

erichenryus said:
I propose the next HRC is to write a piece using as many parallel fifths as possible. Wait, isn't that what 'bar chords' are? Or 'power chords'? When you put your whole finger across the fretboard and then put another finger up two frets and over one string? Just move that hand position up and down the neck and your a rock star right?

So, DavidK has lit a theoretical fire in a few minds around here ... well of course you are right erichenryus, power chord bar chords are not only parallel fifths, but sometimes the dreaded parallel octaves too !!! But DavidK really honestly is looking out for me here, and I think primarily he wanted to draw my attention to some areas where I might craft a bit more, and I think his ear is keen enough where he understood I did not write this from a 'theoretical vantage point' and he knows I know better, in a geeky sort of theory way ... but that's just a theory.

Thanks for the listen, and thanks for hanging in there on the homerecording.com board !

Back