Skycries57

Hello I have here:

Sonar 4 Studio
VLZ Mackie 1202
Boss 770 drum machine
Audiophile 2496 sound card
MAudio monitors
Sure SM57 mic

I know this is asking tooo much but what is the BEST way to route these all together in/out out/in the Mackie mixer,etc?

I normally just mic my amp and guitar or plug straight in for amp/guitar sims, but I'm having a prob. multitrack recording. I can record the first track fine, but then the second,thrid,etc is ALSO recording eachothers playback on its own track!!???

Thanks and I really appreciate the help. If all help fails, I'm going to have to call Cakewalk themselves.

PS: I was normally using Sonar 2.2 XL before Sonar 4. Sonar 2.2 XL was working fine multitracking,etc. Then the issues came with Sonar 4.

I would assume you are using some version of Windows.
click the Start button> settings > control panel> sounds and audio devices >
sound recording, click on the volume setting for recording. The volume control will open up, click on properties and turn off "what you hear" and "microphone" as well as anything else except "wave in" and "line in".

thanks for the help but I checked that long ago. I was told something about buses,panning,etc. but I'm fairly new at that and it went over my head. Maybe this has something to do with prep of multi tracking,etc one recording at a time... ?

seems like you may be routing the playback of the stereo out of the soundcard back into the mixer and are getting sent back thru the mixer output busses (l/R) that goes from your mixer to the soundcard. If you are routing from the card back to the mixer in order to monitor your playback, the two channels on your mixer that you are using have to be assigned to another set of outputs (like an auxillary) that is different than the main outputs (l/R) on your mixer. Other wise it turns into a continuous loop.

Back