Something to sit on that promotes positive workflow

LazerBeakShiek

Rad Racing Team
What are yall sitting on? My recording room is tiny. So a height adjustable stool that takes minimum space is desirable. I found this giant vibrator lookin thing, the Ergostool. Ergo it stops you from being sedentary and visa vi maintains healthy circulation as you work.

It rocks too. Back and forth. Side to side.

Screenshot 2021-01-28 165730.jpg

Last edited:
I sit on whatever's available depending on which room I'm in. In my usual haunt, I sit on this high back wooden stool that I got from Ikea a decade ago. In the front room I sit on the sofa, in the kitchen one of the chairs there and in my bedroom, either the bed or the same high back stool. In the bathroom, I'll sit on the edge of the bath. If I'm playing double bass, congas, timbales or bongos {or singing}, I stand and if I play tablas or some of my little African or South American drums, I may kneel.
Apart from the conga/bongo/timbale position, all of the positions are more in the uncomfortable range, regardless of what I'd have to sit on although once I start recording I don't think about it so it doesn't get in the way although playing the double bass is pushing it sometimes. I mix on the high back stool which is not ideal in terms of comfort. Probably the one major advantage a computer and mouse would net over any other way of mixing would be that of comfort because then, I could sit in my computer chair which is really comfy. But I like the standalone way so it's an acceptable trade off while I just hope I don't succumb to scoliosis !

I have a selection of tall and short rolling stools for the studio area , as well as a couple of armless comfy chairs. Mix/control room has office chair and piano bench for synth area.

comfy chairs. Mix/control room has office chair .

My office chair broke. Yeah, comfy is what I want. Warm and fuzzy.

I think I might get a couple of sexy pillows. Match my windscreens.

{28BEFB3A-7F7F-48FF-9AA7-59F223523A61}.png.jpg

20210201_162239.jpg

Grim those active stance stools might help with back problems.

Last edited:
They got these spherical balls , for balancing stools.

{55E3BCE6-0AE1-45FE-80D7-519963DA26B2}.png.jpg

Roller balls?

{B1458404-6F8E-4F78-8C34-C2C483265814}.png.jpg

Ya gotta be on the ball at all times. No slackers.

Last edited:
Back