Some tracks i've been working on, feedback?

Che Frone

Yo, I know that I haven't really been posting too much lately, i've been busy with school or whatever. Im getting back into it though.

i just made a myspace page a few days ago with some of the tracks i've been working on in the last few months, i know that they aren't really traditional or whatever but that's what i was going for. they might even fall under the strictly instrumental category. Lemme know what you think. thanks

http://www.myspace.com/chefronemusic

-che frone

they sound too fl studio and i use fl studio and i try to stay away from having my beats sound like i started making beats on my family's computer...but all in all pretty good

well ..i would try and listen but..i cant view myspaces pages here at work...

hmm i guess that's a bad sign considering i didnt even use fl sounds on most of them....

so i guess my new question is:

how do i not sound like i'm producing from my mom's computer?

thanks fam

Che Frone said:
hmm i guess that's a bad sign considering i didnt even use fl sounds on most of them....

so i guess my new question is:

how do i not sound like i'm producing from my mom's computer?

thanks fam

I'd say get a few good quality samples and dont over-complicate things. I tend to use all sorts of synths and VSTis just because I can, not necessarily because it's good.

I don't think your beats are bad. I like Deep South Orchestra and Unsteady Mobbin. What I think the rest of the guys are trying to say is as a producer you have to always try to tweak sounds and come up with something that doesn't give away what program you are using. Most producers I know won't make a whole beat using one program or one sample bank. But just remember that the average listener won't care about any of that crap. They just want something that sounds good.

yeah, i haven't gotten around to making one yet.

the DC part is a bit outdated. i grew up in DC but now i go to school in ann arbor

Che Frone said:
yeah, i haven't gotten around to making one yet.

the DC part is a bit outdated. i grew up in DC but now i go to school in ann arbor

Eastern or U of M?

My studio is 20 minutes West of Ann Arbor off I-94. Exit 159 (Chelsea/Manchester) then 11 miles south of the freeway. Like I said, 20 minutes usually, 30 if there's traffic.

If you need something, get at me.

Back