Some indie rock.

Nice song!

One thing: Your main guitar is panned so hard that there's nothing to balance it out on the other side. Maybe bring that other guitar up a bit or not pan so far (?)

Wow,

I like the rhythm of the song. It has that feel good thing
happening from :35- end of song

I was wondering what you were micing.
was it the whole band. If so I think you have yourself a pretty
good recording that anyone, but me, could mix.

I have to agree about the hard left pan on that guit. It sounded
like the right was trying to answer the call but may not have been
loud enough.

Also the it sounds like the high hat is a little too loud, or distracting.

Looking forward to hearing the finished version.

DustyJack

I'm going to bring up the right guitar, add some EQ to the drums and bring the whole level up tonight.

I was playing with overheads mostly. Here's the setup.

Drums:
Oktava MK012s overhead on drums in the "Recorderman" setup. ATM25 inside kick.

Guitar:
Telecaster into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Mic'd with a CAD M37 slightly off axis.

Bass:
Ibanez Ergodyne direct in on the neck pickup.

Very nice...Your music is very structured like the group Rush and :38 it sounds like a Rush tune...where are the Geddy Lee vocals???

I really like it.

Roll the Bone!!!

Weird on the Rush comment. There are no Geddy Lee vocals going on it anytime soon.

Tomorrow night we'll be putting down some songs with this setup. This was all recorded by me one at a time. We'll do the whole band tomorrow. I'm probably going to through a mic on the snare and floor tom (it's only a three-piece set) as options but the real drummer plays with much better balance than I do.

Hope I did not insult you with the Rush comment...just kidding on the Geddy Lee vocals, he is a one of kind...

you have great potential with song and have a great sound...will come back when it is finished...

Hows it get into Cakewalk, soundcard, mixer etc. Sorry for being a real pain about this, but I'm looking at my options for recording :)

CanopuS said:
Hows it get into Cakewalk, soundcard, mixer etc. Sorry for being a real pain about this, but I'm looking at my options for recording :)

M-Audio Delta 1010LT
Behringer MX2004A mixer

Nothing super special. I'm looking at some preamp/compressor designs and hoping to build my own channel strips to replace the mixer. I only use the mixer for the mic pres, direct ins and monitoring. Removing it would be for the better.

Great guitar sound!

The balance of the frequency spectrum is very well done.

Bass, Mids, and Highs are all well represented through my headphones and home stereo.

There may be some small timing issues, but overall my first impression was that it was very tight, to me that means professional work.

great start, thanks for posting!

Re: Great guitar sound!

Hitchhikin'Guru said:
The balance of the frequency spectrum is very well done.

Bass, Mids, and Highs are all well represented through my headphones and home stereo.

There may be some small timing issues, but overall my first impression was that it was very tight, to me that means professional work.

great start, thanks for posting!

Wow thanks. This was a 10 minute little project. Should have something with a real band tonight.

Back