So, what are you listening too now?

Today-
Om Advaitic Songs
Sun Ra The Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra Vol. II
Side 2 of It's A Beautiful Day s/t
2 versions of the Jethro Tull song Dun Ringill, one from the Stormwatch album and a live version that I guess was included in the 20th Anniversary Box Set.

Right exactly now, Crumbling Ghost II (awesome) and I think I'll follow up with Fairport's Full House, unless my sandwiches get here, in which case I will eat them and play video games with a big smile on my face.

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band-Trout Mask Replica. I watched a doco with commentary by John Peel about Cpn Beefheart couple of days ago, awesome guy. I'll probably have to listen to this album a billion times before I get it though.

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band-Trout Mask Replica. I watched a doco with commentary by John Peel about Cpn Beefheart couple of days ago, awesome guy. I'll probably have to listen to this album a billion times before I get it though.

When you work it out, let me in on the secret will you FTG? Like lots of people I bought this album thinking it was this amazing mystic thing but in the end I decided that all the music writers who said that they "got it" about this album actually had their hands firmly wrapped around their or their neighbour's member in one massive circle jerk that's been going on since the 70s, and there was nothing much to get, except cacophany....

I don't buy the "if you don't get it you're not cool/educated/aware etc." crap that people go on about with this album.... standard elitist/exclusionist rhetoric. And I believe that Frank Zappa is sitting up there (actually, I don't believe that, but I'm telling a story... ) laughing at us all, except me.:eek:

An hour of my life I'll never get back. But hey, your experience may vary... :D

And if he's done better stuff, then lead me to it, but TMR is the worst album I've ever bought, with the possible exception of Kevin Coyne's Sugar Candy Taxi. With David Gilmour's On An Island running for third place... :D (I hope Lt Bob doesn't see this... :eek:)

/rant

thank you guys for reminding me of this album

i spent good money on these albums in the bargain bins at woolworths

rock on

Grails Doomsdayer's Holiday
Holy Sons Criminal's Return
The Cosmic Dead Inner Sanctum

and watching Until the Light Takes Us tonight.

I've been trying to learn about reggae/dub, which I know literally nothing about.

The Upsetters Super Ape and The Return of Super Ape
Dadawah Peace and Love
Ras Michael Love Thy Neighbor

I've been trying to learn about reggae/dub, which I know literally nothing about.

The Upsetters Super Ape and The Return of Super Ape
Dadawah Peace and Love
Ras Michael Love Thy Neighbor

I have that Lee Perry compilation! I love it, but was also just happy to see something on one of your lists that I've actually heard of before. I don't know where you guys find all this stuff?

In a similar vein, I like Big Youth and some Bunny Wailer, but I guess they're both a little more mainstream maybe?

Back