So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

One wonders what the other hosts are thinking after the lead guy gets the hatchet.
Yep. There's another suit rolling that will have it's own discovery phase. There may be more damning nuggets coming. Or maybe not.

What they can't do - I imagine - is fire several of the biggest viewer draws and have them all go to Newsmax. That would be the end of their reign as the top propaganda loudspeaker of the endlessly corrupt Republican party. After all - it seems to be about revenue through ratings-by-sensationalism for that business model.

Wow, seriously?
It'll be interesting to see where he lands. Hard to believe there are pockets that deep elsewhere, but you never know.
You make a good point there. It'll be interesting to see if anyone will shell out the kind of cabbage he'll demand. Seems like I saw something yesterday that suggested his number is in the $20M annually range. Not sure if that correct.

You make a good point there. It'll be interesting to see if anyone will shell out the kind of cabbage he'll demand. Seems like I saw something yesterday that suggested his number is in the $20M annually range. Not sure if that correct.
No idea, but if true the Newsmax and OAN of this world likely can't afford that shit. perhaps I'm wrong in guessing at that.

His best days are behind him after this fiasco. Newsmax and OAN are both being sued as well by Dominion and other parties, they are going to be tightening their belts soon enough.

He’s going to start his own business manufacturing dog whistles. Made in any color you like, as long as it’s white.

Newsmax and OAN are both being sued as well by Dominion and other parties, they are going to be tightening their belts soon enough.
Hopefully this scares the crap out of all news sources, regardless of bias, to fact check and do actual journalism instead of propaganda.

Hopefully this scares the crap out of all news sources, regardless of bias, to fact check and do actual journalism instead of propaganda.
I hear you and agree. I hope it has some effect, too.

But as long as there is a segment of the population (it's much bigger than I could have imagined) that doesn't want their preconceived ideas and views challenged - there will be someone out there to sell and tell them what they want to hear. Fear, anger, and resentment are great political motivators - and people like Rupert Murdoch know this.

Uh-huh.

You're really not entirely sure what this whole thread is actually about. Got it. Another blatant lie.

Dude, I don't think you know the definition of a lie, you just throw the word out there like some little kid who has no better response.

You mischaracterize what I say and then based on that mischaracterization you say i've lied? I'm not sure what you call that, but it's not dealing honestly. I didn't say I was not entirely sure what this whole thing was about. I said I have not really followed this whole defamation thing. There is a difference, and it has little do with this thread, the overall picture. I didn't read your links or whatever you posted on the subject matter, or a lot of this thread. In fact the entire subject matter doesn't particularly interest me...it interests you far more than I. Trust me, heh. See what I did there. :-)

That is why he is the only one on my ignore list. His bedside manner sucks.

LoL @ "bedside manner". Who talks like that? Can I get a show of hands of those who give a rat's ass about striving for good bedside manner here in HR dot com?

Speaking of mischaracterizations. Someone quoted an unfortunate individual who is no longer here(hope he is doing well) who made the statement that after his mother died he had a hit list. I made the comment, obviously in jest, "Who doesn't have a hit list. Amirite?" This fuckin guy dogooder gets all serious and demands to know who is on my "kill list". It was a mischaracterization of my intent, obviously joking, and what I said. If being an overly serious can't take a joke lying sack of shit is what he calls proper "bedside manner", he can have it.

LoL @ "bedside manner". Who talks like that? Can I get a show of hands of those who give a rat's ass about striving for good bedside manner here in HR dot com?
I think it’s in our best interest to try to maintain some level of respect. If we were all sitting around drinking beers together we’d draw the line a little differently.

This is a Tucker clip that’s entertaining. For the record, I don’t agree with his guest that tax rates should be 90% again, but it does show Tucker’s willingness to say ridiculous things.

This is a Tucker clip that’s entertaining. For the record, I don’t agree with his guest that tax rates should be 90% again, but it does show Tucker’s willingness to say ridiculous things.

And THAT is why interviews are carefully crafted, vetted, and groomed...

ByI think it’s in our best interest to try to maintain some level of respect. If we were all sitting around drinking beers together we’d draw the line a little differently.

Leddy. I admit, at times, I play a little loose with cordiality. That way I see it, at times, I takes it, I gives it. Somebody mischaracterizes my words or intent I will probably respond to that, with honesty. Blatant honesty. Nobody is automatically entitled to respect. You want respect, earn it. Or don't, I care not. If it is not already apparent, I don't take most of this very seriously. It's just for fun. Any way any of you want it, for me, it's just for fun. "Bedside manner"? Pfft. I'm not your fucking Dr or nursemaid, your in the general sense of the term. Maybe have a conversation with Cheesehead about snowflakes, maybe he can explain it better than I.

Back