So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

This just in from the C&N&N.

Maternal mortality rates are up 60% from 2019, and that's just year ending 2021. Hm, weird, I wonder what could have happened in that timeframe that could cause such a spike? Couldn't be the COVID vaccine, everyone knows they're safe and effective.

You never know though, amirite? On the off chance, I never got the vax, so if I ever got pregnant I'd probably be alright. What? Don't look at me like that, I can get pregnant. Smart people know that the science changes as we learn more, and we now know men can get pregnant. Follow the science, bigot.
Joe Biden is killing them. Personally. With his bare hands. Did you see that video? It's CRAZY.

I was freaking out. I did a pregnancy test and it came up positive. Did another, same thing. And another.

Then my alarm went off. What a relief. Usually I hate my alarm. Not this morning.

The "vivieof viewers", I like it, that's a winner, gonna co-opt that one.
LOL!

I corrected it, but yeah, you're right. It's a classic typo.

Other than that, how's your day going, Mick?

Congrats on your successful cataract surgery. I had my first cataract surgery in 2015. Two needle injections into my eye socket to immobilize the eye. And an IV hookup of "Happy Juice" to sedate me. Problem was, I was the last in line of patients. The "Happy Juice" had worn off. A couple of minutes into the surgical procedure of slicing my eye open with a scaple to remove the natural lens the surgeon said....."You're awake, aren't you? I replied, "Yes I am and I'm seeing a Kaleidescape of colors. I'm OK."

I had the other eye cataract surgery in 2021, which appears to be the same as your recent experience. No eye immobilization, no "Happy Juice" other than a mild muscle relaxer. Wide awake the entire time.

Consider yourself extremely fortunate to have NOT lost that eye!

Oh grasshopper..... I think you're starting to get this.

Remember that guy, the Master?! Yeah, the eyes. I was having bad thoughts about ending up after an unsuccessful cataract surgery with one of them odd white eyes for the rest of my days. I'm too old to learn Kung Fu!

I didn't think you were old enough to remember Kung Fu, the TeeVee series.

LOL!

I corrected it, but yeah, you're right. It's a classic typo.

Other than that, how's your day going, Mick?

Congrats on your successful cataract surgery. I had my first cataract surgery in 2015. Two needle injections into my eye socket to immobilize the eye. And an IV hookup of "Happy Juice" to sedate me. Problem was, I was the last in line of patients. The "Happy Juice" had worn off. A couple of minutes into the surgical procedure of slicing my eye open with a scaple to remove the natural lens the surgeon said....."You're awake, aren't you? I replied, "Yes I am and I'm seeing a Kaleidescape of colors. I'm OK."

I had the other eye cataract surgery in 2021, which appears to be the same as your recent experience. No eye immobilization, no "Happy Juice" other than a mild muscle relaxer. Wide awake the entire time.

Consider yourself extremely fortunate to have NOT lost that eye!

Thank you, brother. It's a real life changer, makes me feel at least a year to younger. I feel like 10 bucks!

Happy for you that your surgery(s) went well.

I need to learn a bit more about this government study of squirrels. I have plenty of 'em in my backyard that I could trap and mail to the DOD.

:thumbs up: Remember that guy, the Master?! Yeah, the eyes. I was having bad thoughts about ending up after an unsuccessful cataract surgery with one of them odd white eyes for the rest of my days. I'm too old to learn Kung Fu!

I didn't think you were old enough to remember Kung Fu, the TeeVee series.
Oh yeah... it was playing out right about the time I was just old enough to start to understand it (bout 6-7 y/o) and it played in reruns throughout the late 70's as I recall. My older sisters loved that show. I was more of a I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch rerun kid.

Hope your vision is 20/20 sir.

I was freaking out. I did a pregnancy test and it came up positive. Did another, same thing. And another.

Then my alarm went off. What a relief. Usually I hate my alarm. Not this morning.
Reality alarm clocks are awesome!

This just in from the C&N&N.

Maternal mortality rates are up 60% from 2019, and that's just year ending 2021. Hm, weird, I wonder what could have happened in that timeframe that could cause such a spike? Couldn't be the COVID vaccine, everyone knows they're safe and effective.

You never know though, amirite? On the off chance, I never got the vax, so if I ever got pregnant I'd probably be alright. What? Don't look at me like that, I can get pregnant. Smart people know that the science changes as we learn more, and we now know men can get pregnant. Follow the science, bigot.
I find it entertaining that you'd go for a vax conspiracy theory rather than the idea that Covid was a contributing factor to some of the deaths.

Hope your vision is 20/20 sir.

Thank you sir. Post op the day after I was 20/40. He was pleased and said, I think we can get you to 20/20. We'll see(see what I did there 😉 ) tomorrow for a follow-up visit. The yuuuuge bonus of it so far, the new eye has very little if any star burst affects, and yuuuugely balances out the extreme star affects in the previously done eye. Oncoming headlights that before created a sketchy situation are no longer an issue. I don't think I could be any more pleased.

Thank you, brother. It's a real life changer, makes me feel at least a year to younger. I feel like 10 bucks!

Happy for you that your surgery(s) went well.
Both times my wife had the surgery done I am wheeling her out of the hospital in a wheelchair accompanied by a nurse. Her hair is all funked up, she's groggy, a baseball size patch on her eye,in a gown, she's a mess. Both times the nurses thought I was her son. That went over well on the rides home.

Last edited:
Oh boy, this is gonna piss some people off.

Top ten iTunes songs

# 6 Trump Won - Natasha Owens

# 7 Justice For All- Donald J Trump & the J6 Prison Choir

But hey, this IS a music forum, right? It’s just music. LoL

Besides, no worries, they’ll probably be banned off of iTunes pretty soon. ;)

And just because we need a good laugh....
The first annual Babylon Bee Awards Ceremony.

Come on man, you gotta admit it’s funny. :)

I need to learn a bit more about this government study of squirrels. I have plenty of 'em in my backyard that I could trap and mail to the DOD.
When I moved from upstate NY to SW Virginia I expected to see more wildlife. There isn't 25% down here of what I see in NY?
I used to hit on the average of two deer a year on my one hundred mile round trip to and from work. I have six acres, hardly ever see
a squirrel. Have yet to see a fox. See very little deer. I used to see ten or twenty a day in NY. Have yet to see a bear although I know they
are around. Seen very few possums and raccoons. In NY it was as constant battle keeping the raccoons and possums out of the trash
cans.

Last edited:
When I moved from upstate NY to SW Virginia I expected to see more wildlife. There isn't 25% down here of what I see in NY?
I used to hit on the average of two deer a year on my one hundred mile round to to and from work. I have six acres, hardly ever see
a squirrel. Have yet to see a fox. See very little deer. I used to see ten or twenty a day in NY. Have yet to see a bear although I know they
are around. Seen very few possums and raccoons. In NY i was as constant battle keeping the raccoons and possums out of the trash
cans.

SW Virginia, huh? Well howdy, neighbor.

Had strange noises inside the woods and meadow at the back of the property about a week or so ago. Nothing necessarily unusual, but when walking the dogs at night I could see eyes looking back at us when I would shine the flashlight, just inside the wood line. Not moving or running away, a plaintiff sound, like a territorial warning. I set up the trail cam near a hole there, probably groundhog. 2 nights later I retrieve it. A little mouse or some such, a big fat groundhog, a possum, mother deer and young one, and the hole visited a couple of different times by a fox. I was a bit surprised at the fox. I hear coyotes back in the wilderness area, yipping and yapping, but haven't seen any yet. Hope not to, really. There are deer all over the place here, infested. I'll see flocks of 25 or so turkey at times. Overall I'm good with it, 'cept snakes. I hate snakes. I've seen a few, little small snakes, round heads, harmless. Walking one of the dogs by the woodline he walked right up on one, nose first when I wasn't paying attention. "Wuzzat?". I yelled "Hey!", the snake shot off like a streak of lightning into a brush pile. Medium sized black snake. Dog was dumbfounded, first snake he's ever seen, although before we got him he was just a pup running wild. Was considered unadoptable, feral, was going to be put down. Glad he wasn't, he's a pretty good guy, sometimes. Jokingly, that's one of his nicknames, Sometimes. So maybe wasn't the first he's seen. Not thrilled with it, but I won't kill a black snake. They can be benefitial in keeping other snakes you don't want at bay.

I tend to go on and on, dont l.

Back