Snow At Midnight - Instrumental

stratmonkee

Here is another , somewhat of a ambient vibe song I've been working on recently. I used my Takamine classical guitar, and a Gibson BFG Les Paul for all the guitars. All synths are the Les Paul thru a Boss Sy-1, EHX Mel9 , EHX C9, and, a EHX Attack Decay.
The song is called " Snow At Midnight".

Snow At Midnight

That was pleasant. You should submit it for a movie soundtrack or something like that. Not hearing much bass...did you sub the keys as your bass? Just seems light in the low end but that kinda fits the style. Maybe bump the kick up just a notch to fill that frequency.

Oooh a mel9, that pedal has been tempting me forever, how do you like it? I like the tune and the mix! Nice change that minor 7? chord is a nice release. I was hearing more ambient type soloing in my head, you did it in the last go round with those nice high sounds but i think you should do more! The nylon and the synth guitar both sounded well played and recorded. There was one spot :-)45) i just rechecked)) where the synth sound does an abrupt cutoff, it was one of those things that knocked me out of my trance for a second, not sure if most people would care...Anyways, a nice recording and listen!

Here is another , somewhat of a ambient vibe song I've been working on recently. I used my Takamine classical guitar, and a Gibson BFG Les Paul for all the guitars. All synths are the Les Paul thru a Boss Sy-1, EHX Mel9 , EHX C9, and, a EHX Attack Decay.
The song is called " Snow At Midnight".

Snow At Midnight

Cool gentle tune - goes along with the same motif...Doesn't remind me of Snow at Midnight though.

That was pleasant. You should submit it for a movie soundtrack or something like that. Not hearing much bass...did you sub the keys as your bass? Just seems light in the low end but that kinda fits the style. Maybe bump the kick up just a notch to fill that frequency.
Thanks!, no bass guitar on this, I do think I'm going to tray and lay a bass guitar track down on this, agree a bit of low end would be nice.

Oooh a mel9, that pedal has been tempting me forever, how do you like it? I like the tune and the mix! Nice change that minor 7? chord is a nice release. I was hearing more ambient type soloing in my head, you did it in the last go round with those nice high sounds but i think you should do more! The nylon and the synth guitar both sounded well played and recorded. There was one spot :-)45) i just rechecked)) where the synth sound does an abrupt cutoff, it was one of those things that knocked me out of my trance for a second, not sure if most people would care...Anyways, a nice recording and listen!
Thanks Stratomaster, as with adding Bass guitar, I want to add a track of some more melodic nylon string guitar over the top. Have to check out that spot and fix the cutoff part, I know what your talking about . Appreciate the listen!

Cool gentle tune - goes along with the same motif...Doesn't remind me of Snow at Midnight though.
I think the drums I've put on this may not fit? Looking at changing the percussion track , possibly not a traditional straight drum track , but maybe something more ambient.
Thanks for listening and the feedback!

Back