SM 7 Shure

jdier

** If this should be in classifieds, go ahead and move it **

Wondering what I should expect to pay for a used SM 7 off Ebay? I have seen prices ranging from $170 - $400. That is a pretty big range.

What is the price I should be looking for?

Any warnings specific to this mic when buying second hand?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

jdier said:
** If this should be in classifieds, go ahead and move it **

Wondering what I should expect to pay for a used SM 7 off Ebay? I have seen prices ranging from $170 - $400. That is a pretty big range.

What is the price I should be looking for?

Any warnings specific to this mic when buying second hand?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Below $200 is gonna be a beater. This mic has been out forever, so there are a lot of those around. $250 should fetch a much nicer example.

Check to see if the cable between mic & mount is frayed. Other than that, watch for strange smells :eek: :o

These generally go on e-bay for around $275-300. Folks seem to drive up the prices on the older SM7 vs the newer SM7B, as the older models occasionally go for $350-$400 (the price of a new SM7B). If you could get a decent working one for around $250, that would be a good price.

I was watching sm7s for a while on ebay going for $300. used.That promted me for a new sm7b for $349. including shipping at MF.I understand the Bs only differance is the bracket assembley.

Last edited:
Stefan Elmblad said:
I bought my SM7B for $220 in perfect condition.

Braggart! :p

Yeah, I think alot of them go to EU folks, as the price there is so much higher.

I paid $225 for a nearly new SM-7A about a year ago. I think pretty much everybody should have one. It's that good.

shure, shure you are, shure, ok, thank you shure

same here at 8th. $300ish...
i bought after reading many articles, one in paticular where the ME used it on the LosLonely boys Heaven song or one of 'em...
recorded the singing in a "noisy room"..(non treated) etc said the article.
SM7B a fairly directional LD, with my intention/goal to reduce the bedroom sound which I felt often bled into most LDC's.

close up mic.. someone said you can "eat it". needs a fair amount of volume in the pre being a dynamic.
don't know about the old ones vs the new ones.
new ones are Made in Mexico models. no QC issues on mine, works ok.

i still hit bad notes here and there...it doesn't fix that.

Back