Sjoko2's mastering offer scam

the codeine was the only not to bad thing;)
the first thing they gave me this time made me sick.

Sjoko2...

Wish you a speedy recovery and I'd email you a sixpack, but I don't have a highspeed line and the beer would go flat before you could download it.

BTW...Downloading beer is a great pastime....

Sonic Misfit said:

BTW...Downloading beer is a great pastime....

Wrongo!!!!!! DRINKING beer is a great past & PRESENT time!!!:D

"My hip bone connected to myyyyy neck bone,my neck bone connected to my monkey bone, my monkey bone connected to my girl's tail bone...and I ain't goin' to sckool n-e morrrrrrrre!!!!"

Sjoko has been fine about returning e-mails from me checking as to status. Most of the delay was caused by the surgery. To make it up to me, he has guaranteed that my CD will go platinum within 6 weeks of its release. Thanks, Sjoko.

-Larry

Yes a speedy recovery to you Sjoko.

As for other nonsense I could comment like everyone else but what would be the point?

I suggest we simply end this thread and move on.:cool:

Hey sjoko2, I spoke with you shortly after the offer to everyone else on the board, after some advice you gave me on mixes I had done, and you told me I could come up to Santa Barabara and you'd critique my mixes and then let me remix them and you'd master them.

You told me you would be busy for a month or two and I wanted to spend more time remixing everything anyway. I'm done mixing now and I've tried to email you but I haven't heard anything.

I understand you're upset with the way a lot of the other projects you've received went down and if you want to pass on this one I completely understand. The problem is that I haven't heard anything back (probably because of your recovery) so I'm not sure if it's mis-communication or you just don't want to do it.

Anyway I'm trying to be patient....could you just let me know either way? I you're still willing, I TOTALLY don't mind waiting.

How much extra does that 6 week, platinum guarantee cost? I'll take 2.

There is a lot of discussion about rip-offs and how professional mastering engineers charge big money.

Last time I checked, Glen Meadows and Denny Purcell were charging 150 per hour! Is that really outrageous? Sure you have to look at how many hours its going to take to get the entire project done, but sheesh......

Am I off base here as far as rates? It seems everybody wants a special deal and most want something for nothing. So is that why people send cash with their non-mastered work hoping they won't get ripped off by people they don't know or can't verify?

I just dont think shopping for audio work or marketing your work through an audio forum is the right thing to do. Great place for recommendations but let web sites do the advertising.

PS No offense Sjoko.

Way off as far as Sjoko's offer, GB...

Sjoko was not advertising his services - he made a special offer at bargain-basement prices so he could real-life test his new facilities. It was not a "general services" advert -- he simply presented a one-time good opportunity to have pro mastering accessible to the forum members they normally wouldn't have at that price.

He was doing people a favour here and at the same time was able to test case his new facility.

Bruce

Since this thread was brought back to the top:

Speedy recovery Sjoko!

Matt
(who likes his watered down USA "piss" beer)

this kind of thing is exactly why i had to sit down and be honest with myself. i have a good ass job, and i love to record and produce, but do i really want the hassle of dealing with people. the answer was no. so now, i only record/produce my own stuff or that of people who fall into my circle of musician friends in the DC area. a friend of mine who owns One World Studios in NW, DC is always having people give them crap.

get well sjoko2

Back