Shure KSM32SL V.S RODE NTK

doubler

I'm having a debate with my friend reguarding which microphone is better over all. ( For the price)

What do you guys think?

Is the Shure Better or the Rode NTK better?

doubler said:
I'm having a debate with my friend reguarding which microphone is better over all. ( For the price)

What do you guys think?

Is the Shure Better or the Rode NTK better?
I've never looked under the hood of either of those mics, so I have no idea which one is the better built mic.

Im not trying to get complex with the question, rather as far as preformance and output of it is concerned, which would would be better?

Your both wrong.

The Shure is probably the more versatile over the two. But the NTK shines on some Voices way more than the Shure would.

Danny

doubler said:
Im not trying to get complex with the question, rather as far as preformance and output of it is concerned, which would would be better?
Then there is no correct answer... because the answer is subject to personal opinion.

I had both and what i came out with on the two mics is the Shure is going to sound good on just about anything cause to me it sounded kind of neutral.
But the Ntk has that sparkle on the top end that sounds nice but It wont sound nice on everything.

doubler, as a personal vocal mic there's no way to tell without you trying both mics and deciding for yourself. And then if a third mic entered the picture, you might fnd you like that one even better than the Shure or the Røde.

Could you give us a little more info? If you describe your voice and the style of music you're singing, I can make an educated recommendation. Might be one of those two mics - might be something different.

As a mic with the most uses over more applications, the Shure KSM32SL is going to win out over the Røde NTK. In general, in most cases, the Shure is going to be the "better overall" mic.

The Shure is a more neutral mic and is going to sound better and work better on more sources than the more colored and hyped Røde.

Its only use will be to record vocals, nothing more.

I have the voice of a youngman early 20's, yet slightly deep

The style of music is rap hip-hop

sure that's shure

Shure mics always garantize you a good quality that's for sure, I have a PG48 for voice o and the PG57 for instruments, and the sound really quite well, nothing to be complain.

hmmmmm

I purchased the NTK ( should be arriving soon hopefully)

I went to a locla studio around here, and peeped his mics, he had both of them naturally.
The NTK for some reason sounds more crystal then shure offers more, but as far as pick up, I think the nTK has it

Back