Short little acoustic ditty

Lazer: Thanks!

Talisman: Thank you. I normally record with analog, but I've used digital in the past because of my work. I used Reaper before this, but I recently switched to Studio One after I got it for free (through work) and I watched some tutorials and liked the way it looked. I like it so far, although I'm still learning a lot of the keyboard shortcuts.

I'm just learning how to use Studio One, so I recorded this little tiny acoustic piece. I imagine it in a fantasy movie show or film.

Anything jump out at you?

Thanks
Love it! OG Beagle! (Your new name) ;)

Short, sweet, sounds good. In my mind it would go well on the Doobie Brother’s Captain and Me album.
It gets put in right before they kick into Ukiah.
In my head it fits well there. :D

Thanks for that. It came at the perfect time to give me relief from the cave..... I mean prime time :LOL:

I'd like more of an upright bass sound, and maybe a bit more variation in the percussion. How was that done?

If I was doing a lot of bass, I'd get the Ample VST :)

RFR: Thanks! Yeah, figured I needed to get out of that time-suck (Prime Time) and actually accomplish something! 😁

Spantini: Thank you! I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I'm diggin' S1 so far (as much as I can dig a DAW, anyway). 🙂

LogicLover: Thanks for the listen and the kind words!

Keith.Rogers: Thanks for the listen. There is no bass at the moment. It's just two acoustic tracks, two vocal tracks, and two percussion tracks (djembe and doumbek). I didn't use any MIDI at all.

Keith.Rogers: Thanks for the listen. There is no bass at the moment. It's just two acoustic tracks, two vocal tracks, and two percussion tracks (djembe and doumbek). I didn't use any MIDI at all.
Well, my ears suck, what can I say. But then, maybe just a tad more percussive on the djembe. The player I recorded a while back really smacked that thing around, had me mic top and bottom (for that ring). Or, use an upright bass :)

Well, my ears suck, what can I say. But then, maybe just a tad more percussive on the djembe. The player I recorded a while back really smacked that thing around, had me mic top and bottom (for that ring). Or, use an upright bass :)
Yeah, I'm in no way a "djembe player." I've learned a few basic things, but that's it. I only miked the top.

I like the look of S1 but I've been using Reaper for so long now I think I would actually be incapable of learning anything else.
On headphones it sounds very clear. Guitars are nice and clean, vocals sound really great. What effects are you using on them?

I like the look of S1 but I've been using Reaper for so long now I think I would actually be incapable of learning anything else.
On headphones it sounds very clear. Guitars are nice and clean, vocals sound really great. What effects are you using on them?
Thanks! The vocals were printed with a bit of compression with my 76KT and KT2A chain. (I used that chain for everything, actually.) Then I used a plate reverb from T-Racks on everything. For the vocals it was pre-fader; everything else was post. Other than a bit of EQ, that was it.

Enjoyed that. I use a hardware 76/2A combo (Warm) myself for some vocals. But, yeah.... very nice.
I have the Warm versions as well, along with the WA-273EQ (which I used on this as well). Love the Warm stuff.

Actually, now that I think about it, I used the WA-14 mic on this as well. 🙂

Back