She's 12

"when I tell her she's flat, she won't listen"

Try this,"Honey I think that note is melodically challanged!":D

It only gets better!

Wait till your in the car with her,trying to tell her mabey she's going a little too fast,while your in a cold sweat trying to keep from jumping out!:D
(Just kidding!)

Yup!

She's got it. It's that special something you hear. You can hear it even when there are mistakes or even someone who is having a "bad night". Not that I am saying that about this song. I think she's great. You can tell when someone is capable of drawing from within. She can do this. She may not even realize this yet but it's there. And thats what a PRO is going to hear. All the other stuff can be fixed with practice or attained with experience. Keep up the good work. The only other thing I would add at the risk of possibly offending you is this. I believe that the NATURAL talent that we are discussing here is a GOD Given talent. He gave it to you for a reason. Your job is to expand it, and use it. Well. enough said. Thanks for making my day a little brighter.

Brian

Thanks a lot

B.SABBATH – Hey! Thanks for writing!! That means a lot to me.

Jjtcorsair-I’m12, yes. I can’t change that. If u want to be 12, fine with me. HE,HE,HE!! Thank you for listening to my recording.

Jon- thank you sooooo much!! I will definitely try to give you more songs. I really enjoy singing, and the feedback I get. This encourages me.

flash2ace- Thanks! No one’s ever complimented me on my vocal range before.

Gidge- man, I wish I could get out of school to pursue a career in music. Thanks for the comments!! It’s good that you listened to the original. PATTY GRIFFIN RULES!!!!

Kramer-thanks for you comments. A little late on the bar thing though. Already done that a few times. Oops…. Not sure dad wanted me to admit that! He he he

Dtb- thanks for listening!! Don’t worry, I have a passion for music and I won’t be quitting.

Powderfinger- ah, put down to dad. JK!! Thanks for commenting!!

wes480- I’ve got rhythm? That’s a laugh. I’m pitiful. My dad
had to give me a beat in the air to start off. Even metronomes mess me up!! Thanks for taking some time to listen.

Fenderlikingood- love the sn!!! Fenderlikingood!! Speechless, good speechless I hope!! Thanks!!

jamal buchet- hey! Your comments aren’t showing up on my computer, but that’s ok. I love your ‘still remember how a quarter” song goes!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Chrisharris- I have no idea who you are. Stop responding to peeps. That’s my job. BTW, what did I say yesterday, “I’M FLAT!” Na nany boo boo!!!

Pipelineaudio- that’s hilarious!!!!!! My side hurts!!! That’s soooo true!!!!!!!!

Fed- DON’T CONFUSE ME WITH CHEESE. I’m confused enough.

Pete- thanks for nitpicking. I’m always willing to learn.

WATYF- thanks for listening!! I’ll be sure to post more.

Guernica- I wish I wrote this song. It was actually written by Patty Griffin. Very, Ext. talented person. Thank-you very much for responding.

Myx62- please, Britt? I listen to Dad, no doubt, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, PATTY GRIFFIN, an Jamal from this site!!! HE ROCKS!!!

Aren- thanks for commenting. That means a lot from someone who works with kids.

Roker1- funny, funny. Thanks for listening.

JR#97- thanks!! Everybody should be involved in music.

David- ha ha funny. THANKS for listening. It’s cool that someone close to my age is involved on this awesome site.

KaBudokan- that’s cool. What an odd coincedence. Although I’m not that into reggae, I’m sure it was a great song.

Boydrj- that sounds like something my dad would say. Guitar- 3 chords- truth. That’s about right. Thanks for the comments.

Thank you all

Well I'm late for this boat-everyone has said everything I could possibly think of and more....But I'll say it again anyway-Jaimee, great singing-you have great power in your voice and more importantly your not afraid of using it. Many people who might be great singers are either too shy to sing or just never get started-you're young and off to a great start! Keep up the great work!

muzeman said:
Try this,"Honey I think that note is melodically challanged!":D
LOL... :D :D

That must be the Politically Correct way to critique vocalists these days... :p

You know what Chris... I must be a little thick headed today (just today? :p )... 'cause I just now caught on to the fact that you were asking us to point out problems because she wouldn't accept "correction" from you.... :eek: :eek:

Well maybe this'll help.....

now jaimee, honey.. you listen to your daddy, 'cause he knows a flat note when he hears it... and he only wants what's best for you, and he's just lookin' out for your best interests...

oh yeah,.. and don't forget to eat your vegetables...

did it work??? is she listenin' now???

no...???

man,... kids these days...

:D :D

WATYF

J and I both missed a couple of you in the shuffle.

jcmm - I get so little respect around my casa as it is...THANKS A LOT, BROTHER. hehehehe... glad you posted.

Rushfan33 - Nice post...thanks. If she never makes a dime playing music, we've already both gotten more out of it than I could hope for.

muzeman - Actually, my girl's pretty straightforward, and she was a bit miffed that I used a take that had some warts in it. She's more critical of herself (musically) than I am.

WATYF - I didn't take any offense at all...but I really appreciate the followup. She's still not gonna' be eating her veggies, though. :D :D

6string - Very cool post. You're not going to offend anybody in this house with comments like that. I'm far from perfect, but I at least have her firmly planted in the First Baptist Church Choir every Sunday and Wednesday... She'll rebel later. :D

Stratomaster - thanks for taking the time to respond... it means a ton to me and J both. (She's definitely not shy...in fact, I sometimes wish she were a little more 'uptight' about performing...b/c I think the edge that a little nervousness adds can be cool...Not her; she cannot WAIT to get up on stage. thanks again.

chrisharris said:
(oh yeah, and NO FLAMING!!!...foul language is permissible, though)

F*ck, that was good. ;)

Good guitar playing. Outstanding vocal performance. Very musical. Really good feel for melody and dynamics.

Not quite hitting the high notes on the outro vocal (3:52 onwards).

But basically, wow. Such a great singer. Amazing performance. And she's only 12? Not fair. ;)

You're clearly a talented family. Keep up the good (read: excellent) work.

Cheers

AB

Hey Jaimee;

WOW!! I was particularly interested in checking this out, as I am a parent (though my girls are only 3 and 1.5) and a teacher. My specialty is music, but I spend most of my time teaching grade 5, so most of the students I contact are really only two or three years younger.

Coming from that point of view, I'm always ecstatic when I see young people pursuing musical interests, particularly when they have an obvious level of talent. FWIW, I STARTED playing when I was twelve, and didn't start singing until years later. Your performance was wonderful - and I say that to mean "not just for a twelve-year-old." Wonderful for any age!

Don't quit school.... there's time to develop your musical interests along side, within and around school. Certainly don't give up on the music. It seems clear to me that, no matter what happens, music will probably be (and indeed should be) a part of you throughout your life. I consider myself lucky to be able to say that as an adult. Don't lose it - not that you will.

Your dad is obviously very supportive. You can't measure how important it is to have yourself surrounded by people who support you in your musical pursuits.

Do music because you enjoy it. If you're lucky enough to have it develop into a career, then that's gravy. Don't do music because you feel you have to. It will take the fun out of it.

I also find it refreshing for someone your age to have a wider range of taste in music that goes beyond Eminem and Enrique Igleseas. As you continue your pursuit in music, this open-mindedness that you seem to have will only help you.

Keep it up, and post some more! :D :D

Notice, I had no advice on the performance??!! Oh, well...

Chris

Chris Tondreau said:
Hey Jaimee;

Don't quit school.... there's time to develop your musical interests along side, within and around school.
Oh, don't worry about that, Chris.

That was a nice post; thanks. I agree with everything you said, except... to me, the phrase "music career" is kinda' oxymoronish, dontcha' think? ;)

Alibish - your youngest should be ready for a starter guitar about the time that the wife and I are ready to take our European "holiday" in a couple of years. Make me a deal on lodging, I'll bring the guitar! thanks a lot...she'll read this tomorrow.

bye

Damn. That kid rocks. She needs to work a bit on her control and pitch but she has a fantastic voice and not a bad guitar player either. You should be proud.

fine fine voice for a 12 yr old. Sonds like you been teachin her how to "work" the mic a little too.
I enjoyed the tune. That girl has talent dude! song is good and clean. :)

chris, this is being downloaded... despite need for sleep... and will be heard tomorrow. From the looks of this thread, it's gonna be great! Comments mañana!

Chad

Jaimee,

I think your greatest asset in this number is your unbelievable poise! You can't sing properly if your uncomfortable or too nervous. You sing with a lot of heart and soul, which is just what a good vocalist needs. Still, I'd like to offer you these few words of advice:

1) Be very suspicious of anyone who calls himself "UNCLE GIDGE".

2) Do us all a favor, and teach your dad to sing.

3) Keep singing from your heart.

Twist

i didn't read what everyone else posted cause i'm sure it's a bunch of general praise for your daughter's outrageously gifted ability and rightly so.

so you got a lot to be thankful for to have a kid who likes good music and has this much talent!

i really enjoyed that song, and i never heard it before so that's even better. i don't think i want to hear the original now cause it sounds great just like this.

erichenryus said:
i didn't read what everyone else posted cause i'm sure it's a bunch of general praise for your daughter's outrageously gifted ability
No, actually, it was pretty much a flame-fest with a ton of foul language and wild accusations about how I don't actually HAVE a daughter, and how I'm immitating a little girl in order to get attention. Really, you should read this thing. (Seriously, thanks for the kind words).

TexRoadKill - She yelled at me for posting this, b/c she knew there were flatties here and there. I'm not as critical as she is. I'm glad that she at least HEARS the flubs...that's 95% of the battle. Thanks for the post.

Toki987 - I taught her 3 chords when she was probably 7 or 8, and I taught her that when you're singing into an SM58 live, your mouth needs to physically touch the windscreen at all times. The rest has been her. Thanks for listening.

Twist - Lol...nice man. :D :D I can't wait for her to start coaching me. :D :D

Chad - Man, there's no WAY you're singing "bones."...just no way.

Thanks again people - this has been my favorite post, and I'm not even gonna' say "Let's let this one die" yet!!! Call me selfish, I don't care.

:D
:D
Proud Papa

........well, as i see it....... ....you dont have the right to kill this thread anyway man...... ....only Jaimee does...... so:p ....................................:D
Ive listened to this like 10 times since i first downloaded it. Ive even played it for the guys at work. .......she's got a solid fan base here in Cali man. .....let me know when she goes on tour.

Mike

Guernica said:
........well, as i see it....... ....you dont have the right to kill this thread anyway man...... ....only Jaimee does......
You even spelled her NAME correctly! AAAALLL RIIIIIIIIGHT.

(by the way, for anyone who thinks that "cute" spellings of your kids' names are a good idea, trust me, it's not. All you do is force them to spell their name for everybody for the rest of their life...sorry JAIMEE).

I had to say "thank you," Mike.

Guernica said:
........well, as i see it....... ....you dont have the right to kill this thread anyway man...... ....only Jaimee does...... so:p ....................................:D
Ive listened to this like 10 times since i first downloaded it. Ive even played it for the guys at work. .......she's got a solid fan base here in Cali man. .....let me know when she goes on tour.

Mike

exactly... i've been passing her around the office as well. kinda weird.. but I felt all proud for her and stuff. Can't wait to see if my kids can do anything musical besides fart and belch in sync at the dinner table.

chris (& jaimee)...

I love the adventurous soars and dips in that melody... very emotional... did jaimee write this?? Incredible. Just the sound of her voice is a "hook", chris. As a lawyer, you're surely aware of the obscure little law that requires you to give up all subsidiary rights to your first child's career to the first available long-haired freak who requests them so... gimme gimme gimme :D

Wow... when she holds the notes, the resonance in her voice just gets deeper... usually, for people like myself who can't sing, the larynx rises and makes the voice nasally... she has natural talent. Jeez man, buy her anything she wants :D You don't want any ill feelings between you and her when she's 18 and a multi-millionaire star :D ;) Seriously, nice job both of you... the encouragment and support you must have given, and jaimee's performance.

Chad

JR#97 said:
... i've been passing her around the office as well...
JR - While I think you certainly could have worded that just a wee bit more carefully (seeing's how she's my daughter) ;), I think I know what you meant, and I appreciate it (again).

Originally posted by Participant
Jeez man, buy her anything she wants ...
Chad - Please delete your post immediately. :D (btw-the song was written by Patty Griffin, whose kinda' like an indie artist herself, since two of the labels she's been with have folded and failed to release albums and stuff...she's phenomenal).

Okay, not that I would ever pay attention to such trivial things (*ahem*), but my DAUGHTER has noticed all by herself that her little cover song is currently sitting at No. 2 on the famous NWR charts. Number 2 is okay, you know...for me maybe, but her big blue eyes were all sad and teary when she looked up at me and asked: "Daddy, why don't they like me?"

Can't you people log on from some other computers or something? Let's get the ball rolling here!! CHOP, CHOP!

(this is my last bump...if Jaimee wants to, well...what can I do?)

Back