Shattered - Hard rock original

Bruthish

Hair Metal Roxx!
This one is a little strange I think...Been working on the vocals way to much on this to try and get it to sound right. When your not a great vocalist, it seems to take forever. Anyway, lyrics are crazy simple and may not do the song any justice.

Lyrics:
The sun shines again
As your soul flies away

Sometimes I lash out
Sometimes I just pout

Because your gone...

The sun shines again
As your soul flies away

Sometimes I cry out
Sometimes it works out

Because your gone...

UPDATED 4-22-20

Last edited:
I really like your vocals on this! Hard to find any nits, on personal preference , I like a little more low end kick, but that's just me, mix is very clear, and guitars sound great ! You have some great songs!

I really like your vocals on this! Hard to find any nits, on personal preference , I like a little more low end kick, but that's just me, mix is very clear, and guitars sound great ! You have some great songs!

Thanks so much for the listen! I know what you mean about the kick. I usually have it pretty dominant but I have been trying to refrain from doing that as in the past I have gotten comments about it being too loud. Thanks for the comments!

Lyrics sound like Alice in Chains and sound great, I like the change in rhythm... I would like a guitar solo. But then again... I'm an old fuck that likes guitar solos. Haha... the rhythm guitar riffs are great, clear tone, well written.

Lyrics sound like Alice in Chains and sound great, I like the change in rhythm... I would like a guitar solo. But then again... I'm an old fuck that likes guitar solos. Haha... the rhythm guitar riffs are great, clear tone, well written.
Believe me, I had a hard time NOT putting a guitar solo on it! I am an old school child of the 70’s and 80’s and every song has to have one! Thanks for the comments and listen!

So I added a SOLO and the transition into it. Still having doubts about a couple of the vocal parts as far as mixing. Will have to come back to that.

Interesting start to the song, could be a little more apparent imo but adds to the punch in the face you know is coming hehe. Really nice guitar parts and the way they mesh together along with a nice bass riff. The verse is really catchy, that high vocal is an excellent touch on the held notes sounds great, background vocals sound great overall. Drums sound good! is this ad?? The dynamics of the playing seem to be very humany. All the fills sound good. The guitar and bass tones sound kind of hyped to me. This is what i remember a Landr type master doing to my mix, it sounds sloped up and rolled off to me. But overall the song is coming across very well!

In the subjective personal preference department I would try to psychedelicize the mix more, bigger bassier slightly flangey bass and some delays on the guitar ala janes addiction for the sustain and take the edge off a bit. Same with everything else for that matter lol but thats just me. I do think a bit more bass would bring things together more, rambling.

Really cool tune, would be a kick ass live song.

Yeah I thought the vocal melody/harmonies over the guitar sound very AIC. Vocals are real good. Drums sound like they're played by a drummer, as in realistic. Nothing stood out to me as needing attention, I just enjoyed the tune. Good jam

Interesting start to the song, could be a little more apparent imo but adds to the punch in the face you know is coming hehe. Really nice guitar parts and the way they mesh together along with a nice bass riff. The verse is really catchy, that high vocal is an excellent touch on the held notes sounds great, background vocals sound great overall. Drums sound good! is this ad?? The dynamics of the playing seem to be very humany. All the fills sound good. The guitar and bass tones sound kind of hyped to me. This is what i remember a Landr type master doing to my mix, it sounds sloped up and rolled off to me. But overall the song is coming across very well!

In the subjective personal preference department I would try to psychedelicize the mix more, bigger bassier slightly flangey bass and some delays on the guitar ala janes addiction for the sustain and take the edge off a bit. Same with everything else for that matter lol but thats just me. I do think a bit more bass would bring things together more, rambling.

Really cool tune, would be a kick ass live song.

I get what your saying about making things a little different sounding. I had envisioned Korn on this one a little more and that would entail doing what your saying. I may go back and revisit this one and experiment. I am not happy about a lot of things in it so it will only help. Thanks for the listen!

Yeah I thought the vocal melody/harmonies over the guitar sound very AIC. Vocals are real good. Drums sound like they're played by a drummer, as in realistic. Nothing stood out to me as needing attention, I just enjoyed the tune. Good jam

Thanks for the listen! Getting AD to sound more "real" is great to hear. Sometimes it is difficult but I am trying..thanks again!

Back