sequencer

BLISS

A sequencer keep the pace/tempo of your songs
it keeps everything in line. Your solution is endless, there are drum machines, to keyboards which sequence, but also there are software programs that sequence, it depends which one you want to use.

drum machine/sequencer/sampler --MPC2000
keyboard/sampler/sequencer --ASR10
audio recorder/sequencer/mixer --Cubase VST
(I have this but I use Cubase for sequencing)

QS6 is fine too, so search your $$ range and have fun

What exactly does a sequencer do? Originally I was going to buy a keyboard w/ a sequencer such as a kurzweil k2000, however do to price considerations I thinking of buying the alesis qs6.1 instead. Is it basically the same thing without the sequencer? Also a friend wants to sell me a drum machine w/ a sequencer,can i use the qs6.1 with a sequencer on another piece of equipment such as a drum machine? Thanks
TB

Yo Blazer of Trails:

Before you buy any Alesis keyboard, try it out. I bought one of the Q series boards -- its LCD screen was a drag. Could not read it very well. The sounds on board were minimal. My DX-7 is mucho better.

If you buy a WORKSTATION KEYBOARD, you're getting one with a sequencer. Craig Anderton terms a sequencer as an electronic recording device which lets you record various parts of a song: bass, keys, strings, etc. Then, you can play them back and mix them down to DAT or whatever you want to mix down to.

I sold my Q-Alesis keyboard because its physical set-up was terrible, the manual was terrible; if I hadn't learned my DX-7, I would have really had trouble figuring out the Q-model.

Green Hornet

Yo Hornet of Green! A friend od mine wants to sell me his QS6 along with JV1080 synth module for 'bout $650.00. I know it's not the greatest,but do you think I'm getting a bargain or should I just invest this towards
another keyboard? Thanks.

Back