Sending Logic output back to Mackie Onyx mixer (FIREWIRE)

Jroper14

Hi all,

Now, normally once I have recorded all my tracks into logic I would mix the record via my KRK headphones. My problem now is that the headphone port on my MacBook has broken and I only have the laptops speakers as an audio output from the laptop. No good for mixing.

My question is, how do I get Logic to route the master channel back to my mixer (connected via FIREWIRE) so I can use my headphones via the mixer to create the mix. I will still be mixing / adding plug ins through Logic but need to send the main mix out of the software back to the mixer to hear what i'm doing! Not had to do this before and i'm struggling. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jack

If you hold option and click on the volume control in the toolbar, you should get a list of input and output devices your computer recognizes. I would first check there to see if you can select your mixer as the output for audio. If your mixer has any sort of software associated with it on your computer, I'd secondly check to see if there are any output options there.

My experience with using firewire audio devices is that it usually switches automatically, but sometimes its necessary to switch manually to get logic to send its audio out through the unit.

Back