Selection about microphone

paokz

Hello guys ..I would like your advice about a microphone selection

Yesterday i tried in my voice the brauner phantom classic and its very soft microphone in my voice
Like in this video test

This is another microphone test with se 2200a ii c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5q6rFLVfI
Its better in my voice cause it has better low end but its little muddy in low mid
like this too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfExEPjwc-E

I tried akg 414 but too thin in my voice
also rode nt1,

I tried jz vintage 11 but its too much warm in my voice

Now im thinkig neumann 193 or se2200 ii with focusrite isa one
Will it change the sound of se2200a ii if i will add focusirite isa one?

This is not to promote my channel or get viewS..i just want a microphone like manley or u87 focucused with good low end and great higs..Is this possible?

I am not sure why you are asking for advice.

You've tested a number of mikes and found them unsatisfactory in one way or another (e.g. 'too thin', 'too warm' etc.). That means you know what you are seeking ('good low end and great highs') and have the ability to figure out what the problems are.

So just keep testing until you find the mike that is right for you.

Someone else's preference is not necessarily going to be the same as yours.

I could have used any of those mics and got a good result, maybe the problem is elsewhere?

Alan.

Where could it be?..In the room sound?..I tried with another preamps and i had the same situation with se 2200a ii c too dull in mid frequencies..With phantom classic not focused microphone like se 2200a ii..The neumann 193 would be better or it wont be too good in high frequencies?

Where could it be?..In the room sound?..I tried with another preamps and i had the same situation with se 2200a ii c too dull in mid frequencies..With phantom classic not focused microphone like se 2200a ii..The neumann 193 would be better or it wont be too good in high frequencies?

What does the room sound like, what treatment is in there, have you dulled the room too much?

I dont think its isolated too much..In first wthout anything there wasnt too much reverb..More like little dead reverb sound
Here are the fotos
https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...stic-treatment/room-sound-little-dull-386497/

If the room is still like the photos, after we suggested you take down some foam in that thread, then theres the problem. Foam only attacks the top end, the mids become muddy, take some foam out of the room and make up some broadband absorbers. If the room does not sound right the mic has no chance.

Alan.

Yep i took out some foam like you said..Two foams from the rear wall as the speakers look..I mean in the wall behind me and the sound si better
But what do you mean broadband absorbers? The rockwool is not broadband absorber?
Now the mic sounds better but the microhpone has the problem now
For example the phantom classic is too soft for my voice in the faded cover..The se 2200a ii is dull in the second song
Neumann 193 would be better?..Or do you have any other recommendations?

Yep i took out some foam like you said..Two foams from the rear wall as the speakers look..I mean in the wall behind me and the sound si better
But what do you mean broadband absorbers? The rockwool is not broadband absorber?
Now the mic sounds better but the microhpone has the problem now
For example the phantom classic is too soft for my voice in the faded cover..The se 2200a ii is dull in the second song
Neumann 193 would be better?..Or do you have any other recommendations?

A broadband absorber in simple terms is an absorber that fits to the walls but is thicker than a normal absorber, i.e the effect that foam has, the extra thickness attacks no only the highs but also the mid frequencies therefore having a more even effect on the acoustics and not leaving a big hole if the absorption that usually involves the mids being too load and creating a boxy effect. This is different to a bass trap that fits across a corner.

You seem to be having different problems in different songs? I am confused about that, usually you get a mic that suits your voice and then give it some small amount of EQ to taylor it to the song.

Alan

Can you give me some pictures of this broadband absorber or some link ? Thanks!

Do a google,

There are many different designs, but basically a broadband absorber is a bass trap that is mounted on a wall and not across a corner, imagine that you put a panel for high frequency absorber on a wall, but then you increase the thickness of the panel to maybe 4" or 6", the frequencies absorbed go lower then just killing the highs. If you then make a 6" wall absorber witch an air gap between the panels and the wall the frequencies absorbed go even lower.

Alan.

Back