Scarlett 2i2 Packages

elliotte11

*Before I begin, I am a musician who is a noob to audio recording and mixing. Although I have lurked this forum for a while for help, I have never made an account as all of my questions were already answered here :thumbs up: So, this will be my first thread (whoop whoop!)

I've been looking around for a good while for a sub-$250 setup to start recording to my computer, and I've taken a liking to the Scarlett 2i2. What also got my attention though was the amount of value bundles that this interface is sold with. As I am a beginner, I am only looking for good entry-level equipment that will last me a good while, so these two caught my eye:

http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-SCARLETT-Studio-Pack-Microphone/dp/B00CLFWLHC

http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Rec...-Microphone/dp/B007IXD0VS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_6

The first package: I have really only heard good things about all of this equipment, but that is all coming from Youtube and articles/store reviews (not sure how much I trust those). I found a couple threads here about this package, but very few people were actually able to review it from their personal experience with it.

The second: While I have heard very nice things about the cans, the microphone seems to constantly be bashed and placed under the Studio Projects B-1. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any deal that included the SP as the mic, and it would already break my budget to buy both on their own.

I'm wondering if I should:
1. Buy one of these (to keep or to sell the unwanted parts for profit towards better ones)
2. Buy only the 2i2 for $150 (or $100-$120 used) and purchase the other parts separately as I get more cash

Extra info: I will be recording with a keyboard, acoustic guitar, ukulele, and will sing. I own Reaper, so the included Cubase LE6 on the first package doesn't matter to me. I might rewire between them from time to time if I find any good use for it, but I doubt I would use it much. As for monitors, I don't have enough cash to get any at the moment but plan to in the future when I get better at mixing and mastering.

Last edited:
Neither package deal shows as available at the links you provided.
If you don't have any microphones/stands/cables at this point, then a package could be a good deal.

Sweetwater has the first package for $250, but no mic stand or pop filter.

B+H has a package with a better mic (AKG Perception 220) for $324

Shoot, they were both available when I posted them. Maybe I shouldn't have posted the links after all :p Oh well, thanks for the reply!

Back