Saturn Diffuser

Rick is right on. Poly's (or variants like this) have advantages and disadvantages over other type of diffusion. On the plus side, there's really no minimum distance rule. Also, polys don't have the upper limit from a frequency standpoint that other types of diffusers do. On the down side, you don't want to put a bunch of them right next to each other. The result would be very nasty, very pronounced polar lobing. They're really better suited for use in an array like Rick suggested. That produces a well-behaved, well diffused field.

I think those semi-cylindrical polys would work well.

Frank

For what?:)

Actually, I believe they are designed for use in an array. Like this..50% diffusion-50% absorption

Diffusion for more than 1 octave? Kidding aside- Wouldn't they diffuse more in the higher register and not much in the lower mids due to size? i.e. how low can they get. No testing on the site other than a diagram of the 120degree dispersion angles. Would that be 2D?
I did notice the recommended array use-which makes sense due to lobing.

Fitz, I knew you'd bite on this-hows your studio going?

Frank, any hints on GIK's QRD will be shipping?

T

Hmmmm, something wierd is going on. I posted this yesterday and it WAS here...and now its not. Ok, so I'll post it again.

Fitz, I knew you'd bite on this?

Why? Were you "baiting" me or something? I simply responded like everyone else who posts a reply:confused:

hows your studio going?

Fine. I just installed MY polys. Kleins got nothing up on me.

is.php

:D

Frank, any hints on GIK's QRD will be shipping?

Still working on sourcing new ones. I've got the last four GIK Elite Polys on the backs of two gobos. We will have a new QRD coming out fairly soon though. This thing is going to be sweet...and cheap. I've already got the first four on hold for myself. Can't tell you any more than that...Glenn would kill me.

Frank

We will have a new QRD coming out fairly soon though. This thing is going to be sweet...and cheap. I've already got the first four on hold for myself. Can't tell you any more than that...Glenn would kill me.

Frank

Frank , you cheater- :D;) thats not fair:(

Joking aside I'll save up for the QRD-if you have good results, which I'm sure it will.

T

Frank , you cheater- :D;) thats not fair:(

Joking aside I'll save up for the QRD-if you have good results, which I'm sure it will.

T

Just got the pics today...it's unbelievably cool. The price is low enough that I argued with Glenn that we're going to lose our shorts on it. Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks...

I get the first four off the line though. :)

Frank

Back