Rupert Neve lives about 20 minutes away from me!

bubbleboy said:
i guess i must be uptight. i thought these forums are for people who want to learn about recording gear and techniques, not people who want to learn about people who live near people who made significant contributions to the industry
So.
I'm famous by geographic association. :D
And you're not!
Na-na-na-na-boo-boo! :p

**sound of crickets chirping**

I live pretty close to Beyonce' you know the lead singer of destinys's child :D

Seen her in the mall shopping a couple of times too!

gemsbok said:
i live near the man who met andy griffith in my town^^^^^

Sometimes I accidentally get that guy's emails, we have a name that is very similar yet stunningly different. I also rode in an elevator with a guy who looked like Barbara Streisand once.

(kidding...if I lived near Rupert I'd try to meet him somehow...like bring him a VCR to get fixed)

War

Michael Jones said:
He lives there now, runs a small company that seems to do electronics research.
Pretty cool!

That's beautiful Michael. I knew that Gerst was up around Dallas. (Sanger, I think?) I wonder if his company is offering products for sale, and more importantly, what they are. Be nice to do some window shopping on that guys work bench.

Last Xmas I was eating at the local Long John Silver's when Wayne from the Flaming Lips walked in with his wife. I think he had the Fish and More. I'm not sure what she ate.

i know a guy who knows trent reznor
:eek:

wish i was that guy :rolleyes:

ANd i also know a guy that knows a guy who knew a guy that wanted to touch another guy !!!

earworm said:
ANd i also know a guy that knows a guy who knew a guy that wanted to touch another guy !!!

And he's now the Governor of New Jersey?

War :p

(in my best Seinfeld..."not that there's anything wrong with that!")

My wife's friend bakes birthday cakes for Lance Berkman's kids!

Wait wait wait...my college band played in the same frat house Don Henley was a member of while attending Stephen F. Austin State University.

oh, and ex-president Clinton payed a visit to brussels last year,
and i don't live toooo far from brussels !
so WHOOHAAA

Michael Jones said:
Na-na-na-na-boo-boo! :p

This is a very interesting phrase, in that I have not used it in years. I always thought it was a South Carolina thing...we used to chant:

"Na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo."

Do they say the complete phrase out there in TX?

War

I once stayed in the same hotel room that Eddie and Valerie had the night before.
Room service delivered towels three times that day looking for an autograph.
I think I slept on the same pillow. I must be a greater man with super human powers by association.

oh ya...One time before He married Roseanne I wouldn't let Tom Arnold on stage to do His lame ass comedy thing. His bodyguard wanted to kick my a**
The owner of the club told Him it was up to me because I owned the stage. That was so cool seeing as how He's such an Idiot. (oopps did I type that last part out loud?)

C

There was a rapper under house arrest around the corner from me. I forget who it was.. it was kind of a funny situation though.

I'm going to be on MTV. Eat that. People are now going to be like "I know that kid that was on MTV."

If any of you heard of the senior prank my school did, 35,000 forks.. I was a part of it.

I met Georgy Bush in San Angelo TX, and he called me a "Wanker" . The bloke had to get something right!!

Back