Rupert Neve lives about 20 minutes away from me!

Michael Jones

My mom and dad live in a small community southwest of Austin, called Wimberly, Texas.
It has a local newspaper, and there on the front page was a story about the legendary Mr. Neve!
He lives there now, runs a small company that seems to do electronics research.
Pretty cool!

That's pretty cool.

I live in Chicago, and Billy Corgan's only a few L-train stops away (10 minutes, tops). Nifty, huh? There are quite a few others, too . . . Oprah, Wrigley Field, Mike Ditka, etc. etc. Too many to even get in to right now. Makes yer head spin, don't it? :D

chessrock said:
oooooooooh.

I went to Canada a few times. Does that count? I also like Canadian beer.

If you like Canadian Beer then it counts ! :D

Oh ya - My Mother used to work with Alanis's mother if that counts for anything..

oh well I tried.........

The G8 summit was held about 5 miles from my house. Had GW, Tony B., and the gang driving by my house.

Sea Island Ga
David Love III is about 10 miles away
Tom Selik (spelling ??) about 8 miles away
Mr Mattel of Mattel Toys about 8 mile away

Michael Jones said:
My mom and dad live in a small community southwest of Austin, called Wimberly, Texas.
It has a local newspaper, and there on the front page was a story about the legendary Mr. Neve!
He lives there now, runs a small company that seems to do electronics research.
Pretty cool!

i guess i must be uptight. i thought these forums are for people who want to learn about recording gear and techniques, not people who want to learn about people who live near people who made significant contributions to the industry

Dear God! Respected members of this bbs with 1000's of posts making interesting side-statements with non-misleading titles that you could easily ignore if you wanted to? Say it's not true!!

Seriously, this is a great place with tons of useful information. Likewise, it's also a great place to bullshit with people with the same hobby/profession/mental illness. Let it go. And just stick to forums that are obviously "information-related" if this is offensive to you.

bubbleboy said:
i guess i must be uptight. i thought these forums are for people who want to learn about recording gear and techniques, not people who want to learn about people who live near people who made significant contributions to the industry

Wow..

Are you ever uptight..

:eek:

anyone ever heard of some guy named eric clapton? Apparently i built his house?! :eek:

just kidding..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... i know that eric clapton was a champion swimmer in the 96 olympics

I recently rented a helicopter and flew over Fletcher's house. He really seemed to be enjoying himself. :)

I hear Rick Linklater is a lot more fun than Rupert Neve. Michael, you should try hanging out with him.

Fletcher said:
He and Evelyn have been living there for years... they seem to like it there very much.
See, I didn't even know that until a couple of weeks ago.
It was an interesting article in the paper:
Someone called in to his electronics co. wanting a VCR repaired! :D

Just remember..its ok to say hi to him and wish him well when you see him...but it is wrong to want to put him in jars on your shelf in the basement. :eek:

darrin_h2000 said:
Just remember..its ok to say hi to him and wish him well when you see him...but it is wrong to want to put him in jars on your shelf in the basement. :eek:
Or in your trunk?

Back