rme_digi_9632_hdsp_pci

acidman

Hi
A newbie question.. again :o .. I'd like to buy this card : RME HDSP 9632 but I can't find the way to plug in my microphone (analog) ? Does someone can explain that to me ?

The documentation says : Balanced stereo analog in- and output, 24-Bit/192kHz, > 110 dB SNR, but I can't see where ? or how ? :confused:

Thank you

You will need external preamps that you can connect via ADAT or Spdif OR you can have breakout cable which is cheaper, but I bet it does not give out phantom power for condenser mics.

Thanks for your answer. ;)
Wouah .. :eek:
I didn't think to get upthere.. I actually just want to be able to record my voice with no latency and work easily with Sonar X2 and Fruity Loops.

Do you (or anyone) have a idea of sound card which could do the job ? I'm working now with a Creative X-Fi and I've got or too much latency or too many dropouts with it when using VSTs.

Thank you

Sure, you can take a look at usb audio interfaces or even firewire ones if your computer has firewire.
Some cheaper interfaces to look for:
M-Audio Fast track mk2
Tascam US-122 mk2/US-144 mk2
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Focusrite Saffire 6 usb

Of course there are loads of other AI's around. If you are looking for interfaces make sure the interface has phantom power.
I actually buy all my stuff from thomman.de and they just advised me with the Roland UA-55 Quad-Capture ? I see it's kind 100/150 euros more expensive from your examples but it looks correct to me ? I wouldn't like to buy another card when the mixing time will come.

Which mic do you have?
Please don't laugh.. ;) For now I've got a Philips SBC MD650, but for the moment I just use it for melody canevas - I write the notes afterwards.

The vendor advised me with the t.bone SC 450 Value-Set and even if it looks a bit pro for me, I think 340 euros for both is a good price and I won't have to change anything for the real vocal recording or video/audio mixing.. I hope. :)

So what do you think ?

Great, I also like to shop in Thomann :)
Roland seems to be good. I don't have lot of experience with Roland interfaces, but so far all was good, have nothing bad to say.
What I really suggest is to keep away from t.bone mics (also Behringer and Samson). They seem to be having some quality control issues so the cheapest mic I would suggest on Thomann is Audio-technica 2020 or AKG perception 120. If you are willing to spend a little more then SE electronics X1 is pretty nice for example.
Oh and don't forget the pop filter. ;)

Great, I also like to shop in Thomann :)
Yes they are pretty serious and can deliver internationally (I'm in Thailand) which is very nice.
What I really suggest is to keep away from t.bone mics (also Behringer and Samson). They seem to be having some quality control issues so the cheapest mic I would suggest on Thomann is Audio-technica 2020 or AKG perception 120. If you are willing to spend a little more then SE electronics X1 is pretty nice for example.
Thanks for the tip. I actually opted for the SE electronics X1, it seems ok.
Oh and don't forget the pop filter. ;)
I took the SE Electronics Shock 44 (shockmount for X1) and.. a helmet too, as I plan to do some death metal. :D

Thanks very much for your help ! :thumbs up:

Back