Replacing Midi with Drums...

spea

Hey guys. I have a question. If i have a midi recording of one of my bands songs(my drummer made it) and i have each part of the drum seperate(layer for snare, floor tom, toms, bass drum, hi hat). Is there a program where i can replace the midi sound with actual drum sounds?

Thanks for your help.

Drumagog is designed to trigger drum samples off of an audio signal (from a close mic'd track). All you need is something that uses the midi information to trigger samples. What software are you using? There's a ton of stuff I've seen for VST hosts, I have some freeware one that I've never had much luck with, but I haven't really tried messing with it too much. The thing I usually play with is either lm-7 or lm-9, I can never remember which one. Just a vst drum instrument.... it works pretty well, but it's not designed for use with all sorts of samples... only way to use different samples is to go in and manually swap the wave files it uses. Something that's designed for just triggering samples from midi hits is what you want. You might have to play around a bit to set it up to be taking the right input and doing the right thing with it.

Hopefully someone has some good suggestions about what to use... any good freeware plugins anybody likes for this?

mattamatta said:
Drumagog is designed to trigger drum samples off of an audio signal (from a close mic'd track). All you need is something that uses the midi information to trigger samples. What software are you using? There's a ton of stuff I've seen for VST hosts, I have some freeware one that I've never had much luck with, but I haven't really tried messing with it too much. The thing I usually play with is either lm-7 or lm-9, I can never remember which one. Just a vst drum instrument.... it works pretty well, but it's not designed for use with all sorts of samples... only way to use different samples is to go in and manually swap the wave files it uses. Something that's designed for just triggering samples from midi hits is what you want. You might have to play around a bit to set it up to be taking the right input and doing the right thing with it.

Hopefully someone has some good suggestions about what to use... any good freeware plugins anybody likes for this?
OOPS! I misread the midi thing, sometimes I open mouth without engaging brain. Sorry!

Drumagog will still work if you bounce the midi to separate tracks, using whatever sound will be adequate to trigger drumagog. You'd use it as an insert on the dxi audio track, or on the drum audio track after you exported it to audio. I'm pretty sure anyway.

You might need to do some twiddling with the eq on the triggers, or the volume, but it would still work. Although, just getting what crankz1 says is probably an easier method.

Drumagog is pretty cool.

Back