Removing programs that are't there...

A1A2

hey, guys

I was doing some cleaning up today and deleted a bunch programs that I don't use anymore. Firstable, I wasn't able to delete a few of them them via Add/Remove programs in Control Panel, it just gave me some kind of error like missing uninstaller or something. So, I went to the folders that contain those applications and deleted them there. And now I am stuck with a bunch of applications in my Add/Remove window that I can't get rid off.

Any idea on how I can get rid of them completely without reinstalling XP?

thanks,

Al

if you comfortable cruisin around in the registry- Start- Run- regedit
go find registry entries from there and nuke em. BTW- you probably wanna make a back up of the registry before you start dickin around in there

sorry for getting back to this thread so late. Thanks for mentioned TweakUI, moskus, I will give it a shot since I'm not too familiar with registry.

Thanks, all

AL

wait...what does this mean? This pops up when I try to run TweakUI..

Attachments

• untitled-1.gif
    untitled-1.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 84
This could be nothing (as in: a reboot could get things right) or it might mean a corrupt environment -- which can happen when a badly written program performs a badly written un-install.

You should have a file called c:/windows/system32/kernel32.dll and it should be about 900k.

If the problem persists email me privately, I can see about helping you solve this.

sorry for checking back so late. Yes, I do run on XP, and still can't figure out how to work this thing. Victor, I'm writing an email right now.

Al

Back