Registering a Used MOTU ?

CoolCat

Anyone ever bought a used MOTU ?

I was reading they are kind of "difficult" with 2nd owners and registering and future support/downloads might be an issue.

Their website says the original owner has to transfer the Unit over to the 2nd owner, etc...
and the 1st owner needs to REGISTER the 2nd owners name for the Unit to be able to access MOTU support.. yaddayaddayadda.

just got this in:
Hello, thanks for writing.
If you sell your MOTU product, the new owner would just have to reach out to us here to get it transferred under their account. I can also terminate the registration under your account, so they'll be able to register the unit through our website.

but the website states this?

If I sell my MOTU product, how do I transfer ownership?

How to transfer ownership of your MOTU product.

If you own a MOTU product, hardware or software, and decide to sell it, you must contact our Customer Service department at 1 617 576 2760 to transfer ownership.
Only a registered owner can perform a transfer of ownership.
Please be prepared to verify your own registration information as well as providing the new owner's registration information.
The original owner will be required to approve the transaction through dated and signed documentation.
Technical support, upgrade pricing, and replacement CD's are available only to the registered owner of the product.
Note that you can not sell previous versions of our software if you have upgraded the software.

So its still a concern maybe...or Im over thinking this?

Back