Recording XLR Mic Issue & VST Plug In Help NEED ASAP!

MasterRS

Hi,

I've gone back to Cool Edit Pro 2 after many years as I believe it's still one of the best audio editing softwares out there.
Basically am using a focusrite saffire 6 USB Interface with a SE X1 Microphone. I have set up my mic but it seems to always record out of left audio?
Also am trying to install VST Plug ins such as autotunes etc but even when i click refresh it never picks them up? I tried youtubing it and it said to get cakewalk adapter. Tried this and still no luck. Can anybody help me?

Sounds like you are trying to record a mono signal to a stereo track. Setup a mono channel to record to. No clue on the other.

I believe that what you need to do is to right click on the track and track properties will open up. In the middle is a stereo bar that will let you select right only or left only-choose 1 and you will have a mono track.

Yeah, Cool Edit Pro is a great program-it has most of the same properties that are on Adobe Audition but doesn't require as must drive space or computer resources.

I don't have CE2 installed anymore but, from memory, Anfontan has the right technique. If you right click on the track display it should bring up a track properties menu where you can set various parameters, including setting the track to mono or stereo.

I still have it installed, it's indeed in the track properties window in multitrack view. There's also this button in the vertical bar with the track controls (vol, eq and bus) It probably displays "Rec 1", click it and you get another window where you can set it to only record the left track.

I used CEP until a year ago, now I use Audition 3. Processes run faster in Audition so I'm not going back to CEP.

Back