Recording Studio Storage for Microphones, etc. ?

I have a recording studio space at home and it's made up of a control room and a vocal booth. In one the rooms I plan on placing a storage cabinet or storage system with drawers for microphones, cables, etc. This is one idea I had, but I was wondering, will the tempered glass be a problem as far as sound in the room?

If this option seems not so good because of the little bit of glass involved in the sliding doors, could anyone make some other affordable suggestions for options for my room? I need drawers/storage shelves and both in one piece of furniture would be ideal.

Thank you,

Aron

Go to a garage sale and get yourself a 4 drawer dresser. Plenty of room for lots of mics, cables, etc.
Some foam for the mics and you’re good!
Huh, never thought about that. I have a hope chest from my mom's house that I never even thought about using as a mic locker. In fact, it can hold a lot of stuff like boxes, parts, etc. I was ready to put it on FBMP or CL for free, come get it. Plus it would give me some place to put combos on to raise them off the floor. I'll have room for it in the basement where I'll be putting my music stuff.

Reactions: RFR
Go to a garage sale and get yourself a 4 drawer dresser. Plenty of room for lots of mics, cables, etc.
Some foam for the mics and you’re good!
+ 1

and on each drawer place a couple of dehydrating pouches as well ; )

Back