recording live vocals Tascam US 1800

AdamR

I recently picked up a Tascam US1800 after a few months of trying to get decent live recordings off our mixer. Using the record out off the board into Audacity I was getting a ton of his and couldnt get the vocals mixed correctly.

My plan is to run my bass from the DI, Mic a guitar cabinet with a shure 57 and I bought a 4 piece drum mic kit. My question is what is the best way to get vocals from our PA to the interface. Im afraid the record out is the source of the hiss I was getting. I tried changing mics, cables, level etc with no change.

The board we are using is a Mackie CFX12 . The manual show using the sub out into a recording device, will this working using a 1/4 cable into the bus 9 or 10 set to line in ?

I'm not sure if you mean a live concert or a live in the studio type deal. At a live show I would use the output on the pa as you stated, and yes it would be a line level signal. If you are doing it live in the studio you should put the vocalist in a different room with headphones or just use the vocals as a scratch track and overdub them later.

Back