Recording In Aa

jINXBEATZ

Now That Im Recording In Aa My Pc Mic I Used To Use Records In Stereo My Condenser Mic Records With Xlr And It Is Mono (one Side Of Speakers) Is That Normal Or Do I Have To Do Something To Fix,cuzz When I Mixed Down It Was Still Playing One Side Of Speaker What Do I Do?????

If you've done that and you want to keep the audio instead of re-recording it, you can convert the .wav to mono.
(from memory)
I think it's in Edit > Convert sample type (from edit view). Just leave it the same bit rate & sampling frequency, but check the "mono" box.

i have a similar problem, but i have to always choose the mono signal before i record and its very annoying... i cant find what you were talking about "default from stereo to mono" i cant find it anywhere?? im using AA 2.0

In multitrack view, look at the menu bar on top of the program. Go into the options menu, select "settings", then select the "multitrack" tab in the pop up window. There's a box on the right with default recording options, change it from stereo to mono.

when i go to the options thing, there is no settings selectable...are you using 2.0? the only thing close to "settings" that i have would be "preferences" under "edit" and in there, there is a multitrack tab but i cant decipher whether thereis a mono/stereo selector...
this is the view

http://home.att.net/~darkecho/opptions3.JPG

thanks!

After you have set the track I/O the way you want them, go to File/Default Session/Save as Default Session. Then AA will open up each time with those settings.

There are, by the way, a number of other settings that are saved when you click "Save as Default Session." One of these is the track "mono" or "stereo" settings. There is a bar that displays the input selected among the buttons on the left end of the track (it also shows up in the Mixer). Click on the bar, and a menu will pop up giving you the choice of "Stereo" or "Mono" with further selections for which input device channel you want to use. The default is "Stereo," but, again, if you change them to "Mono/[track#]" and save as default, it will always open in that configuration.

Once I figured THAT out, it was easy to assign devices for I/O from the sound cards and MIDI ports and so on...just remember to "Save as Default Session" and you are good to go the next time.

Note that, if you import a session with different settings, 2.0 will conform to its settings when it opens it. I discovered this when I opened up the "Audition Theme." I had set up my I/O to use the ASIO drivers, but when I opened the theme I couldn't hear the playback. It turned out that the theme session used Windows drivers: I had to go back and manually changed to the ASIO for playback...and I had to do this each time I opened the theme up in a new session. When I open an original session, the ASIO drivers are assigned the way I left them.

"I had set up my I/O to use the ASIO drivers, but when I opened the theme I couldn't hear the playback. It turned out that the theme session used Windows drivers: I had to go back and manually changed to the ASIO for playback...and I had to do this each time I opened the theme up in a new session. When I open an original session, the ASIO drivers are assigned the way I left them."

Man, I don't understand why this should be the case. It seems to me that the drivers wouldn't be part of session information.

So if you have to manually set the drivers for old sessions that were done pre-ASIO, can you then save the session with the ASIO drivers?

It seems to me that the drivers wouldn't be part of session information.

Ah, but it is!

I think the last sentence gives a possible workaround.

What do you mean by 'original session'? A session that was recorded and saved using the ASIO drivers?

Back