recommend me a good audio interface...

Callum

I'm looking for a reasonably priced audio interface with atleast 6 individual inputs and 8 individual outputs. USB or Firewire im not bothered, preferably with phantom power but not necessary. Thanks guys

The Tascam US1641 has been thrown around a lot here lately! Sounds like it's just what your looking for. Just google it up, it was on sale not to long ago.

:cool:

ummm don't get me wrong I appreciate the adivce but these arn't what im after at all, the tascam only has 4 outs. The R16 only had stereo outs and the R24 is the same. I needed one with 8 outs

Motu 828MK2 or 828MK3...

This is advertised as an 8 channel I/O... It is really 10 input and 10 output... so more room for fun in recordings. Its also really reasonable.. I picked one up on eBay for £180 (the MK2)
When you decide to expand to more inputs aswell, it will be ready. Its compatible with pro tools and all major DAW's and it has a fantastic processing DSP onboard.. I struggle to overload it!

Cannot fault it!

ummm don't get me wrong I appreciate the adivce but these arn't what im after at all, the tascam only has 4 outs. The R16 only had stereo outs and the R24 is the same. I needed one with 8 outs

I'm curious. Are you wanting an interface with 8, hardwired channel outputs?
If so, why?

well I have an 8 channel mixer, so 8 outs would be nice

Hmmm. Let me see if I'm following you.....you're going to use the interface to record on your comp and then return the audio back to your mixer on individual channels. Correct?

Why? You'll likely be mixing in the DAW software on your computer, so what's the purpose of returning the channels after you've mixed them?:confused:

I gotta be missing something here.

Back