Realtime Digital backup?

ric3xrt

Hello all, I'm finishing up my studio this spring, Using a 32 Channel Studio spirit board, I'll be recording to 3 Alesis XT20s summing down the 8 Bus to another XT20 everything will be mastered on to a Alesis masterlink (I'm only setting up to record 24 tracks,) My question here is, is it possible to do Real time Digital backup? would I use the digital outs on the ADATs ,or should I patch panel into some sort of Interface(IE Digidesign, MOTU, something else.) and record the interface path into the DAW. I don't want to long term store anything on the ADAT tapes, tapes are getting harder to come by, and Hard drives USB sticks are everywhere.
Eventfully I'll be adding a digital recording room, but I prefer to record onto the ADATs 1st and run everything back through them and the Spirit board before final mix down.

Why post this in the "Analog only" forum? You'll get more help if you figure out where this should be posted and post it there.

I was going to post this in the Digital section,but I thought I would try here 1st, there has to be someone doing what I want.

Back