Quick question - cheap keyboards

Elyst

Hey hey!

I would like to hear some recommendations. I currently have a keyboard of my own, a Yamaha PSR 323 and it's pretty cool.
I like to play on weekends, when I have more free time, but I usually go to a different house and I cannot carry that huge keyboard to play for the weekend and then bring it back.

So I would like to hear opinions on cheap and small midi keyboards like this one.

M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
B-Stock M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Portable 32-Note Controller Keyboard | eBay

The idea was to plug that keyboard to my laptop with Cubase (or similar) and play along with some VST's maybe even composing a thing or two along the way.

Thanks!
Cheers!

The tiny keys will do your head in...there are plenty cheap keyboards with full size keys and youll get more use out of them

I used to try and use an lpk25 when on vacation etc and it was horrible....

Try an alesis q25 or the even cheaper m audio keystudio

The tiny keys will do your head in...there are plenty cheap keyboards with full size keys and youll get more use out of them

I used to try and use an lpk25 when on vacation etc and it was horrible....

Try an alesis q25 or the even cheaper m audio keystudio

I'm going to try one out eventually. This way maybe I can get some nice oboe or strings going in the background. What the best most realistic sounding instruments though, like program/software?

I love kontakt 5 and its libraries Phil, dunno i it might be a little overkill but they sound great

East West and Vienna Suite have some great orchestra stuff too

I've spent a ton of money on plug ins. It didn't stop me from getting real keyboards. They weren't cheap, but there's nothing like playing an "axe". They are my go to instruments. The plugs are just for icing & convenience. I have no need for keyboard workstations though.

I love kontakt 5 and its libraries Phil, dunno i it might be a little overkill but they sound great

East West and Vienna Suite have some great orchestra stuff too

I forgot about this post. Sounds cool, I'll eventually get around to trying it out. Once I get a cheap midi controller... :D

I forgot about this post. Sounds cool, I'll eventually get around to trying it out. Once I get a cheap midi controller... :D

Its kinda a hated brand but the behringer midi controllers are great value, and much better quality than the others in that price range

Back