Question about Cool Edit Pro.

sexyjpop

When I first started recording, my voice kinda sounded muffled as if it were being recorded by a crappy mic. I used an FX (normalizer or something) and it made it sound ALOT better..but I can't remmeber the name. Any suggestions from turning a muffled voice into purity?

If you want my answer on how to get a clear voice and not a muffled voice , it would be in what happends before the track is on your computer. Your signal chain might be causing the muffling somewhere in it. Try seeing if changing what you do outside the computer changes it at all.

Erockrazor said:
If you want my answer on how to get a clear voice and not a muffled voice , it would be in what happends before the track is on your computer. Your signal chain might be causing the muffling somewhere in it. Try seeing if changing what you do outside the computer changes it at all.

But I am recording my voice on my computer through a mic which hooks up to the PC. At one point I didnt have my voice muffled, and it sounded great..but I dont remember which FX it was...

Maybe give noise reduction a try? I dont really understand how I could help you although I wish I could.

Try opening your windows mixer if you have an integrated sound card or the control for your outboard card .

Or , just go to the drop down menu in CEP or AA . Under Options> Windows Mixer > In the Mixer Box open Options >Properties . If you have more then one ,make sure that the sound card your mic is in is named in the showing " mixer devise " box .

Then in > Adjust Volume for > click on > recording .

Then make sure " Microphone is checked in the > Show the following volume controls section .

Now hit OK at the bottom of the box .

You should now see the " Recording Controls Box "

Microphone should be listed with anything else that was checked off back in > > Show the following volume controls section .

Select > Microphone as your recording device . Click on the Advanced button under it . Check > 1 Microphone 20db boost .

Use the slider to adjust the input gain of your mic . that may be why your sound is muffled .

just an idea

True, you may also want to turn on the monitor recording levels while recording. Make sure you keep out of the red. There is a normalize option, I think its under amplitude, I dont remember.

Back