Psycho and Outlaw Heartbreak

rockabilly1955

got 2 tunes up. One is called Your Mistake (save the jokes! :D ), which is hard, guitar heavy, dark psychobilly type tune. The other is called Thats a Lie, which is a more melodic, outlaw heartbreak type song. Link in my sig. Please listen and enjoy/hate :)

Hey Rockabilly,

Cool stuff...very atmospheric...great vocals and instrumentation. Both tunes have a very Quentin Tarantino movie vibe to it (possible marketing move??) :D

Mixwise, I think the vocals could stand to come up just a bit in both songs.

Good job

Brad

Thanks for the listen. Vocals is always a hard spot for me to mix. There is always a high frequency that gives me trouble even with eq. So when I am in doubt, I go with the lower volume on the vocal track.

I didn't notice any eq issues...the vox actually sounded really good from my end...she's got a good voice and delivery as well...don't be afraid to pump it up a little.

Brad

Thanks for the critique guys. On the your mistake song, we were trying to get that spooky reverb feel to it and not emphasize vocals too much. Maybe I can turn the vocals up a bit.

Yeah man, "your mistake" gets super annoying after about 30 seconds. :o

"Thats a Lie" is much better. Your girls vocals are pretty good but kinda bright. There's a lot of dropping in and out. Does she move around the mic much? Get her to stay still and project her voice and then learn how to compress her tracks so everything stays kind of even. You don't want to kill all dynamics, but it can be better than what it is. Yalls playing as a band has gotten much much better.

Thanks for listening Greg. Your mistake is prob best suited for those that are into loud psychobilly. LOL. On that's a lie, I compressed the vocals as much as I can without totally killing it. If I remember correctly, we recorded that one live and she had no mic stand. So I thinks that's what the problem was.

Back