program to write drums

lurek100

Hi
I was thinking if there is any program or way to write drums such a ezdrummer in pro tools or logic without using
them midi editors?
I found writing drums in them very annoying and slow.
thanks for any help.

You got MIDI grooves triggering samples, which you need the MIDI Editor for....or you can use pure audio loop samples.

I've used both, and I find that MIDI grooves are much easier to work with to get complete drum tracks exactly how you want them, and EZ or SD drummer apps make it even simpler.

You gotta put a little time in learning how to work with the MIDI Drum Editors and grooves. You start off with some basic canned grooves and then build on them, adjust them...etc.

If you're writing a groove beat-by-beat....that's a drag.

Cubase has the best drum editor IMO. Way easier than the typical 'piano roll' type. Combine that with a $50 AKAI LPD8 pad controller, and drum tracks are stupid easy.

Just get a copy of Cubase LE5. My morals are just skewed enough to suggest this; buy a Lexicon Alpha interface from a store that will allow returning like Guitar Center. Install the LE5 that comes with it, then return the interface. Or I could ship you the install disk, but that costs more, and I would want it back. :)

My morals are just skewed enough to suggest this; buy a Lexicon Alpha interface from a store that will allow returning like Guitar Center. Install the LE5 that comes with it, then return the interface.

Naaaaaaa....you didn't really just say that...did you?!

:D

Naaaaaaa....you didn't really just say that...did you?!

:D

LOL! Yeah, I did.

The only issue I would have with it, is if he registered the product, and took advantage of the discounted upgrade to a paid version of the software. That to me, would be stealing. It is not my decision however, how Steinberg controls their sales of products, but I see no reason why the demo version should not be free. It gives someone a chance to see if they like the product, and like me, purchased the full version, and each subsequent new version since.

I am not really sure why Cubase does not just have a download link for LE5. It is severely limited. Hell, you have to purchase a dongle, just to use a trial version of the full versions. It really doesn't make much sense to me.

As you well know, I like to lynch pirates. This is not the same thing in my opinion. I have now purchased 3 different interfaces that came with the LE5 software. I used the upgrade discount once, so there are 2 that have no owner...

yep, Thats exactly what Im looking for. Kind of Midi editor like the one in cubase but I would like to use it in protools with my other instruments.

do anyone know anything like this? I once saw something like this called midi event editor but can not find anything more about it.

I actually have bfd2 and I love the way you can write the drums in it. its similar to the one in cubase.
but libraries are killing me. I might actually try it again.
I never heard about that bfd eco. i guess its a newer version of bfd2
thanks for you advise.

Back