Problems with the e609 silver

MG Eddie

Is anyone familiar with the sennheiser e609, I've had mine a little over 3 years and its in good condition. When I last tried to use it to record it sounded like there was a band width inside the mic dedicated to distorted hissing and this just started to happen. Any thoughts?

Only singing into and using it for mic'ing guitar amps. It doesn't sound as bad at about 6 in away from the source and the issue becomes bearable to say the least. But when it is used for close up mic'ing like the manufacturer recommends, is when the distorted hiss really comes out. When I swapped it out for my cheapo radio shack dynamic mic just to check the source (the quality dropped significantly but the) the distorted hiss wasn't there. I also swapped out the cables and used the cables with a separate mic just to be sure it wasn't the cable. Also as a last resort I check the headphones on several sources to be sure that wasn't the problem either.

Only singing into and using it for mic'ing guitar amps. It doesn't sound as bad at about 6 in away from the source and the issue becomes bearable to say the least. But when it is used for close up mic'ing like the manufacturer recommends, is when the distorted hiss really comes out. When I swapped it out for my cheapo radio shack dynamic mic just to check the source (the quality dropped significantly but the) the distorted hiss wasn't there. I also swapped out the cables and used the cables with a separate mic just to be sure it wasn't the cable. Also as a last resort I check the headphones on several sources to be sure that wasn't the problem either.

All evolution series microphones come with a 10 year warranty. Call them up and leave a voicemail. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours, you might have to ship it back.

All evolution series microphones come with a 10 year warranty. Call them up and leave a voicemail. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours, you might have to ship it back.

Yes in fact you'll get a real person on the line I've had to do it before with no problems - you do have the receipt right? If not you can get a copy of it from either your Credit card company or right from the store that you purchased it from even if it was cash! Just come close to the date and they will find it.
~~~ Hey on the bright side ~~~ you'll end up with a new microphone.

I actually do happen to still have the receipt, I've kept it in the same box I bought it in all this time. Boy am I glad to have (literally) every thing that came with the microphone.

I actually do happen to still have the receipt, I've kept it in the same box I bought it in all this time. Boy am I glad to have (literally) every thing that came with the microphone.

Well then they are located in Connecticut and the number will not be hard to find looks like you have a new microphone coming to ya. You will have to send the old one to them first but they will explain all that to you.

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU ALL ☼ KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

Back