problem recording with Vegas Pro 1.0

poprobot

hey there...

can anyone lend some advice?

i'm not getting a record signal in vegas. can playback files just fine - but nothing on the input meters.

i'm using the delta audiophile 2496 - it's getting signal from my mixer - can see it in the m-audio control panel - but vegas isn't picking it up...

in vegas: i have simultaneous play & record selected, i have the delta ap selected as primary recording device - no conflicts in device manager - under routing i have custom bus selected and delta ap designated for preview and bus A - but nothing is showing up in vegas input meters... what did i miss? the card gets signal but the software is missing it...

It's been a while since I've used version 1.0..........................

try this

OPTIONS>PREFERENCES>AUDIO DEVICE>AUDIO DEVICE TYPE> then select your soundcard.

Then.... CLICK the MIXER TAB in the bottom left hand corner of your screen (if you don't see the MIXER TAB, then... VIEW>checkmark MIXER). Press the 1st icon under MASTER on the MIXER TAB, then select yhe output that you want.

Peace...

spin

thanks for your reply spin -

but vegas 1.0 doesn't have the menus you described - the closest thing i've found are the routing options available under preferences tab and i have the delta selected with every one of those...

i might add that this problem has been going on for awhile - and i've been so frustrated trying so many different solutions: i even bought a new soundcard tro see if that may be the problem...

the soundblaster audigy platinum i bought DID in fact record and playback with vegas (however i couldn't get it to record track 2 without dubbing track 1 onto it as well) but the SB wasn't very well suited for multi-tracking so i returned it in hopes that i could get the delta audiophile working again.

here's another weird bit: the delta originally would record in vegas - but not playback. i switched to another PCI slot in my PC and now the functions have swapped. it plays but won't record (into vegas mind you - the delta's control panel shows both in & output signals)

does this sound like a hardware or software problem to you?

Back