Problem Getting M-Audio Profire to read ADAT

stompilator

Hi all!

I recently acquired an M-Audio Profire 2626 and an Octane ADAT to finally start recording into Pro Tools. I run Windows 7 and PT 10, and I've been able to record with the Profire alone without any issues.

However, when I plug into the Octane, despite getting signal at the pre and light at both ends of my optical cable, the DSP mixer does not want to acknowledge any signal coming from the ADAT input.

I've been troubleshooting the crap out of this, but I'm stumped. The Octane is set to external, ADAT is going out to the Profire's Optical A input, Profire's Word Clock Out is going into the Octane's Word Clock In. Inputs 9-16 in the mixer are set to ADAT A, input box for ADAT A is ticked, sync source is set to internal @ 48k, optical B is set to ADAT. Also, I tried sending the Octane's out to Optical B, but no dice.

Have I missed something? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I'm totally unqualified to answer since I've no experience with either of those 2 devices. But you got me curious. In the couple of cases where I read that people had the Octane working perfectly, they were both using the Octane as the clock source and the interface set to external clock source. Maybe try that, switching which device is running the clock?

Back