Pro tools novice needs help

lukeslim

Hi folks,
need some help people.
I use Adobe Audition 1.5 and a PC my friend Has a Mac
and the first M-Box pro tools set up.
Iam a very familar with Audition and PC and have no clue about Mac's or Pro Tools.My friend whilst a good musican has really has no idea what he is doing.
He can record a track at least.
Question 1)
There Must be a way that is simple and quick that in a pro tools session you can save a single track as a wave so i can than use that wave in my Auditon set up.:confused:
If someone can give directions that would be great.

Question 2)
when recording on his m box just one track, monitoring through m box
just adding harmonica on a vocal and guitar track there is this sort of echo effect and sound is very thin sounds like crap in the phones :eek: and they are good quality.
Perhaps this is a latency problem i have never had this in my Audition experience.
Perhaps my friends system is set up wrong any thoughts folks?

Cheers Luke.

Question 1: if the files are all single files (you start at the beginning of the session and end at the end, without multiple punches or anything like that) then you can just find the audio file in the Audio Files folder. If it's an edited track, solo the track, select the length you want to make into a new file, and select File > Bounce to Disk... select your options and bounce the track somewhere. If you only want one track, just solo that track.

Question 2: What you're hearing is the record monitor back from the track mixed with your input signal. There are two possible solutions. 1) Mute the recorded track while you are recording. 2) Switch to Low Latency Monitoring mode in Pro Tools.
A third solution would be to reduce the latency, but even if you do, you'll still hear this in some form or another.

It's easier than this. If it's just a single audio track that you want to combine to one track, select all the audio and go to Edit>Consolidate Selection. Double click on the combined audio region, rename it when the dialog pops up, and it will be in your audio files folder with that name. If you want a bunch of free pro tools instructional videos, click on the link in my sig & go to the downloads section. :)
nathan

Back