Presonus Inspire 1394 & SB Audigy Platinum Issues ...

flat1ine

Hi all -

I just upgraded to a Presonus Inspire 1394 from my old Yamaha M512, and I'm having all kinds of issues with latency and monitoring.

My setup is as follows:
AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Dual Core
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
2gb DDR RAM
SB Audigy Platinum
Win XP Pro

Software:
Audition 1.5 and 2.0
Cubase LE
Inspire ASIO Driver
ASIO4ALL Driver
Creative ASIO Driver

That said, my main problem - there are more - is that in both versions of Audition and Cubase (although i'm a bumbling idiot when it comes to Cubase), is I can't seem to configure my software to use the Inspire's Ins and the SoundBlaster's outs, nor can i use a combination of the Inspire's and SB's ins (i use the Inspire for 2 mics and the 1/4 on the SB for guitar) - and i'm tired of switching cables around all the time.

I'm hoping this is a limitation in Audition, because i'd much prefer not to change up my hardware too much. if anyone knows of multitracking software with more flexible routing options, that'd be fantastic.

Another problem is that the Inspire's Main and headphone outs are unable to get modified signals back from my computer - running guitar rig for example - all i hear is a clean sound.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

Well I know you can"t use Both the Inspire and the SB at the same time for recording because there is no way the 2 devices can talk to each other so there Clocks are Synced up...also the Software Probably can"t load and use 2 seperate sets of audio drivers at the same time....

I tried useing my Delta 44 with my Integrated Sound useing the ASIO4All Drivers and I was able to record from both cards at the same time but there were major pops and Glitches and other Sound Problems so I forgot that idea and just disabled the regular Sound card and used the Ins and Outs on my Delta 44.....

Your Inspire should have Ins and outs so why not just use the Inspire for Playback and it has 4 in"s and I don"t think you can use all 4 in"s at the same time by yourself so you should have enough In"s and Outs to record and Playback useing only the Inspire Pluss the converters on the SB are not very good and it uses a totally different method of resampleing audio which can only add the the reasons why the 2 devices don"t play well together....

Good Luck

Minion -

i appreciate the help - and i'd LOVE to use only the inspire's out, but they don't get processed signals from my computer - guitar rig for example - while recording, so i can't use them to monitor, they won't do me much good for playback at all.

also, i really want to keep that audigy around for my gaming, which i do far too much off when i should be playing guitar ...

any help on getting the inspire working right would be fantastic.
thanks again,
-Erik

I'm not familiar with Audigy and I just can't get to grips with Cubase, but have a look in the help for 'Input Monitoring'. You should be able to enable this on each track you're recording on. This will cause the recorded signal to be routed into the daw, through your track inserts and to the outputs so you can hear whatever effects you've inserted. You'll gave slightly longer latency though

bulls hit-

great to see you on here again - i've got some time late tonight to sit down and try and tackle this beast - i very much appreciate the help.

i'm gonna try a whole bunch of things - yours first.

thanks again,
-Erik

Back