Presence frequencies???

Thanks Greg,
I thought since nobody had replied about my tones, they were terrible....:D

Yes, the bass knob is dimed on the DSL, but, I still have the deep switch, & I can add some more bottom end with the eq too (the treble's dimed too, & I've got a boost on the high end using the eq in the loop, might take some of the high end off, but I really like the "bite" I"m getting like this to be honest)....thanks for the listen & comments dude, I've learned a lot from you about "real" guitar tones in the last year & 1/2 or so, & I appreciate all the help you & everyone else here has given me....

I finally got my work week finished up (just got home about 20 mins ago...gotta take a shower & get this filth off me...:p), so I'll have a couple days to piddle with my tones....I've pretty much came to the conclusion I ain't gonna get the Super Lead tone from my gear, not having much luck at all trying to ape that tone (the clip I posted "modded Super Lead"), but there are a couple things I've yet to try, & will do so this weekend....

I did slave my DSL-1 into my Tweaker a couple days ago, & really, but I couldn't really crank the T15 for the power tube thing, I'll give it another shot tomorrow (the wife went back to work a week or so ago, & I'll have the place to myself before work everyday, & she's working tomorrow too....)...While the ISO does a pretty good job of killing the noise for the most part, it would still wake her up if I dimed the T15 @ 3 a.m., & don't wanna do that, she's already told me the $$$ she's making will all be extra, so there'll probably be some new gear at the house before too long.....

The deal with the house fell through, don't wanna get into too many details really, other than the realtor/seller wanted to jack the price up, so we backed out on 'em. We still have this house (& it'll be paid off in about 2 1/2 more years....our plan was to rent this one out to pay for the new one, or the biggest part of the payment), so it's not completely terrible, but I was really looking forward to having that music room/basement....

I've got another mic boom & mount on the way too, ordered it yesterday, should be here around Monday I'm guessing, so I can do the 2-mic thing. I've been wanting to try the condensor mic with my '57 to see if it'll do anything good or not. The mic's not much really (Samson CO-1), but it might sound good mixed with my '57....Probably gonna try to get a pedal or two (I've been looking at the Carl Martin Plexitone...& the JOYO clone, which is damn cheap, just don't really know if it's any good or not...I've read lots of reviews about the Plexitone, & pretty much all of 'em say it's a plexi in a pedal...) & a couple more mics in the next few weeks too, with the wife's $$$....:D

Thanks again!!!

I admire your quest and dedication to nailing down the exact tone(s) you want. There is an easier way though - get a 100w Marshall head and 4x12 cab. :D

I like the "bite" you get too. I like brighter kinds of guitar tones. More cutting. But I don't like brightness at the expense of fullness. There can be both. I tend to like brightness from mic position as opposed to jacking up the highs and presence on the amp. That's just my personal taste. If your treb knob is dimed and you're getting even more high end from an EQ pedal, then you have plenty of room to dial it back and still be "bright" enough. It's your call. You're certainly doing a nice job.

Back