pre-wired microphone box/ live to control room

casenpoint

Where can I purchase pre-wired microphone,mono, TRS boxes or patch bays from?

I am trying to save myself a trip to Guitar Center any input would be appreciated. My soldering isn't that well and it would probably send the estimated project date back. My requrement is as follows.

8-XLR's
4-TRS
and 6 mono's

thanks,

john

From what I hear I might be able to purchase a pre-wired set up in Hollywood. Being that there are soooo many sound studios in Los Angeles.

Thanks anyway,

John

P.S. I'll try and take some photos when the garage studio is finished and post them.

This picture would look better without insulation and foam. It's their temporarily and it's doing a fine job keeping the sound in. Can you see the stretched fabric? I figure I'll be done in a few months.

I'll keep the photos coming in. i have some real good one's I took with my 35mm. I don't have a scanner. Just the digital.

Oh, well

Attachments

• picture 5.jpg
    picture 5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 172
This picture shows the canopy. From where I was standing that is going to be the control room. The space I had to work with is 21' by 17'. (garage) To achieve a professional style studio I still have much work ahead of me.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Yes, this is my layout. There are many preparations. But, not near as many other projects I have seen in this forum.

As for the washer and dryer they stay.

I will be hanging four plys of curtain. So, I don't think the reflections will make it through and back. The material will be thick.

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Back