Prayers needed !!!

Sorry to hear the news about Nick. May our prayers give you the strength you need during this time of sadness.....

My god. How absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry for you and your family. I just don't know what to say. That's so terrible...

Channel 4 news in Columbus ran a story at 11:00 Thanks again. The lead on the person said to be the person who assaulted him, was a bad lead. We are back to square one. Thanks again

Wow.

I am so sorry to hear about this. This is just a lousy time for so many people here right now, it seems. I hope something good comes of all this...it can happen. And also I hope that perp gets what he deserves...that can happen too!

Here is a link to the news story if anyone wants to view it. Thanks again for all the support. http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/crime_watch.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-04-09-0001.html

This is from the news web site:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A weekend attack outside of an Arena District nightclub turned deadly with a single punch.

It was a single punch with grave consequences. Nick Foss, 29, died yesterday.

ONLY ON 4: NBC 4's Ana Jackson spoke with the Foss family as police searched for a suspect.

A confrontation over a bottle of beer led to the fatal strike that killed Charles and Terri Foss' son.

"We had 29 wonderful years with him, but, of course, we were hoping we would have many, many, many more," Charles said.

Saturday became a walking nightmare for the Fosses. They said someone knocked Nick unconscious. Medics rushed him to Grant Medical Center with brain damage.

"I knew he knew I was there with him," Terri said. "That was probably the hardest time for me -- when he looked at me wondering what was going on. His eyes got so big. It was horrible."

Nick fought for his life in the same place where he fought to save so many other lives. He was training to be a nurse at Grant.

Doctors declared Nick brain dead Tuesday morning.

"We're a very close family," Terri said. "It was devastating."

Nick continued saving others even in his death: His parents are donating his organs.

Charles and Terri hope that witnesses come forward. If you have information on this crime, call Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-645-TIPS.

Stay tuned to NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for more information on this developing story.

To send a news tip or submit a story idea, e-mail stories@nbc4i.com.

I just came across this. I am so, so sorry this happened. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

The other news channels are going to cover it also, hoping to generate leads. Maybe my thread will do the same. A friend of his from the past googled his name and one of my other threads came up and they contacted me. So maybe it will help.

The guy came forward. Spent the last week getting an attorney and his story straight. HIs lawyer is claiming he was "Protecting His Property". So he hit my nephew from behind, killing him to protect his beer, that my nephew didnt take. What a tool. Looks like a jury trial. But at least they have him. The police are not telling the family his name, but through our own sources, we have it. Hope this ****er, burns in hell !!!!!!

I hope the prosecutor is up to his/her game! I'm all for legitimate self-defense, but this clearly ain't it.

The police and presecuting attorneys wanted to get this right. So even though the guy who hit Nick (my nephew) came foward, they had not charged him. They went over the evidence and witness accounts and finally arrested him last night. They want to make sure the charges stick. William B Saxbe (former Ohio State Senator and Attorney General and Ambassador to India) is from my families home town. Very small home town and every one knows each other. As soon as he heard about Nick he got involved also. Our thanks to Mr. Saxbe for helping. Here is local news story.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A man accused of throwing a punch that killed another man outside a bar earlier this month was arrested on Monday.
Brent Goode, 22, was charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Nickolas Foss, who was struck in front of the GasWerks bar, located 487 Park St., in the early morning of April 6, 10TV's Lindsey Seavert reported.
Foss, 29, died three days later of a brain injury.
Goode turned himself in Monday night, police said. He will be arraigned Tuesday, 10TV News reported.
Earlier Monday evening, Foss' parents attended a memorial service at Grant Medical Center, where Foss worked and where he ultimately died.
"It's so sad for us because it's a needless loss of two lives," Foss' father, Chuck Foss of Mechanicsburg, told 10TV. "No matter what happens, it will never bring Nick back. Never."
Stay with 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

This is heartbreaking! I wish for you and yours to find some light in this darkness...

Peace,
Rich

It's truly sad that things like this always happen to those who least deserve it. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope and pray that things will work out for the good in the end.

Back