Post Up About Your Favorite Personal Dumpster Dive Find

stevieb

Just another guy, really.
The post
https://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/guitars-basses/anyone-ever-seen-one-these-355264/
about a SANO tube amp find inspired me- post here about what YOU scored, free, just for going through someone's trash.

My favorite is a Harmony tenor guitar. In the dumpster of a thrift store, inside it's original canvas gig bag, because the bridge was cracked and would not hold the string pins. Super-glued it back together, which lasted until just this year- and I have a band new replacement bridge for it. There will certainly be posts here for greater monetary value, and/or cooler stuff, but I like that find because it introduced me to tenor guitars- never would have known anything about them, otherwise.

Yours?

I found an amp once. It was sitting next to a dumpster by a storage unit I rented. 1957 Magnatone 260 with the original foot pedal. Also there was a very old EV condenser mic, and a De'Armond expression pedal. The only problem with the amp was a shorted power tube. That was in '95. I've still got it.

Attachments

• magna.jpg
    magna.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 37
Not a dumpster find but pulled it out of the metal pile at the town dump.
An old Rogers snare with only four serial numbers! Missing just one lug nut.

But low and behold about a month later an other one - but it was smashed. Got a lug nut off it though and plenty of other spare parts. :thumbs up:

A Fender Rhodes Suitcase. Cosmetically, it's pretty sweet (that's just dust in the pic). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Fortunately, there's not much in it that needs to work, so fixing it shouldn't be too big a deal.

f_rhodes.jpg

I found an amp once. It was sitting next to a dumpster by a storage unit I rented. 1957 Magnatone 260 with the original foot pedal. Also there was a very old EV condenser mic, and a De'Armond expression pedal. The only problem with the amp was a shorted power tube. That was in '95. I've still got it.

Sweet! That's a killer find!

I found an old Boeing Classical Guitar in a skip a few years back. It was just sitting there with a couple of string missing so I took it home. It's pretty good albeit for a few scratches and dents here and there. It plays fine. Model C-102. Can't find any info about the make or model anywhere, though suspect it was only a cheap thing originally. But for the grand price of FREE it was a bargain to me and one that I'll be keeping.

Image00001.jpg

Not really a dumpster dive, but it was on it's way to the trash when my girlfriend rescued it.

She works for a towing company. This Harmony archtop sat in an impounded car for over three months in the Las Vegas summer sun. The hide glue had let go almost everywhere. I did all of the repairs including a re-fret, new bridge, pickguard, and electrifying it with a mini H/B. It's doesn't really have any value, but it's a sweet guitar.
guitar032.jpg

Very nice. I have an old Harmony Acoustic that's in need of restoration. Got it for a few quid at a boot sale years ago. I can't resist a bargain.

a friend of mine recently found a fender amp/head in an abandoned apartment he was painting...aparently, the apartment manager did`nt care about it, and told him to go ahead and take it home..he used a 412 cab of mine recently to try it out, and it seams to work fine!..

I`ll post up a pic next time I jam with the guy, and what model it is etc...cant remember off hand right now..

Back