Pop Punk mix feedback

Big Thier

Hello,

I'm about to send my mix to mastering, but I would like some fresh ears on it. I've literally heard it thousands of times at this point. It's in the pop punk genre.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Nice. I hear Punk combined with 90's Alternative - the vocal and melody sound 90's to me; the energy, Punk. A couple more minutes with one or two additional sections (chorus/bridge, etc.) would be nice. Nothing sounds out of place.

Song sounds good for the style. In my opinion, the drums are way too loud, especially in the kick area. I would add some background vocals/doubles and do a quick remix before sending it to mastering but that's just me.

Song sounds good for the style. In my opinion, the drums are way too loud, especially in the kick area. I would add some background vocals/doubles and do a quick remix before sending it to mastering but that's just me.
There are over 10 layers of vocals lol, will see about the drums, thank you.

Added the latest mix, lowered the drums and bass just a tad

Last edited:
I like the guitar sounds. They sound very cool.

The drums are at a better level in the second mix. The kick could still probably come down a little. The kick, to me, also has a little too much low end. The drums could be better humanized. cymbals have a bunch of high end.

Bass guitar could maybe come up just a bit from its level in mix #2.

Vocals sound great. They're getting covered a bit by the guitars. The guitars are dominating the mix.

Just listened to it in my car and worked on the mix some more.

So for mix 3, I EQ'd the kick to remove some frequencies around 100Hz. I could really hear it in the car where it was too much. Also added more sub bass to the bass drops I got going on throughout the song.

Thanks everyone.

Just listened to it in my car and worked on the mix some more.

So for mix 3, I EQ'd the kick to remove some frequencies around 100Hz. I could really hear it in the car where it was too much. Also added more sub bass to the bass drops I got going on throughout the song.

Thanks everyone.
Awesome, another Pop Punker on this forum! I’ll be posting my own from time to time. PM me when you post new tunes, I’d love to check them out! I put one up a couple weeks ago as my first entry to this forum. Not super polished, but my time is limited and I record all the parts…so I do what I can to make tunes!

This is great stuff! Definitely in the Blink camp. I would love a soft break, then a final chorus, but it works as is.

Mix sounds great to me. My only advice would be to pull out a little of that to sizzle off the guitars…it’s fighting a bit with intelligibility of the vocals. You could leave in the sizzle when the vocals aren’t going to add back that rawness off the guitars in those sections.

Are you recording real drums? They sound great. Love the harmonies too. Nice work.

Awesome, another Pop Punker on this forum! I’ll be posting my own from time to time. PM me when you post new tunes, I’d love to check them out! I put one up a couple weeks ago as my first entry to this forum. Not super polished, but my time is limited and I record all the parts…so I do what I can to make tunes!

This is great stuff! Definitely in the Blink camp. I would love a soft break, then a final chorus, but it works as is.

Mix sounds great to me. My only advice would be to pull out a little of that to sizzle off the guitars…it’s fighting a bit with intelligibility of the vocals. You could leave in the sizzle when the vocals aren’t going to add back that rawness off the guitars in those sections.

Are you recording real drums? They sound great. Love the harmonies too. Nice work.

Thanks!

Feel free to send me some of your stuff in PM.

Love blink...

Yeah I kow the song is very short but it is what it is lol.

Drums are programmed.

Guys, I added some pads all throughout the song, I kinda like how it sounds but I don't want it to sound muddy with too much going on.

You can't really hear them in the mix apart from the intro/outro.

Can you tell me if I should keep them or remove them? Or turn them up/down?

Last edited:
Back