• Eric Clapton

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • BB King

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Slash

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • write-in

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • all these guys rock what are you thinking?

Votes: 28 20.7%

• Total voters
It was at least the point of my post. :)

I was commenting in a roundabout way that I have more respect for a less technically skilled player that "gets it,"
than some of the super technical guitar virtuoso's that a lot of today's amateur guitar players like to drool over.

But referring to guitarists like the above as overrated is pretty ridiculous to me.

They get how the spaces between the notes are as important as the notes themselves,
and it shows, due to their also being highly skilled.

To say for instance, that Jimi H wasn't a great guitar player is pretty much bullshit, IMO.

It would be more accurate to say that in the end, he and his guitar became one,
which resulted in what appeared to be an effortless manifestation of his unique and varied style.
Bravo!:thumbs up:

You mean he wouldn't know.... etc, etc. Otherwise the sentence doesn't make sense. Is that an extension of the "I could care less" phrase that doesn't make any sense either? :)
No, I ment it the way it was written actually.
If Jimi Hendrix came forth from the grave, in a zombie state, and told gerg "I'm a good guitar player" and then bit him on the ass...gerg would know it.

.....I'd say that Tennessee whiskey still makes up a decent percentage of his daily caloric intake....

*calorific

Caloric is a thermodynamic term.

But I did lol! Slash is a great guitar player, and has amazing tone due to him handpicking his amps from a large list of contenders before he plays them for a recording. He is a bit like Billy Gibbons. The end result is amazing tone.

The other original rhythm player in GNR was also a jet. I saw the new "GNR" this year when they headlined with ZZ Top, and they simply dont do it without Slash and Izzy. Sorry, but ZZ all the way that night.

Back