pod 2.0 newbie help!

ax2x3m

just bought a second hand POD 2.0, just couldnt resist coz i bought it so cheap, well out of the box it sounded awesome,m its distortion is just superb and its so much better than how i record music before guitar->korgax100g->mic, now i do it guitar->pod->line in

i have some problems though, when i try playing low chords usually sound too basy and switching from one chord to another sound to muffled

can anyone help me on effectively using my POD, i mean mixing sounds so as i get just the right tone, im assumings its possible for the POD to achieve these tones but i just get so frustrated that i cant find the right mix

thanks in advance for the replies

By "mixing sounds", do you mean what amp and cab models to use? Experiment! That's where the fun is. :)

Forget about the presets and go into manual mode. I like all the models, but the ones I use the most for distorted tones are the Modern Higain (with or without the tap), Rectified, and Brit Hi Gain. For cabs I usually go with the Line 6 4x12, or '96 Marshall with 30s. If I'm not getting what I'm looking for I start tweaking and changing the amp or cab selection.

If you're plugging the POD into your soundcard, make sure the A.I.R. switch is set to "Direct".

If things sound muffled or too bassy, I'd turn down the bass knob, distortion, and reverb. Too much can make things muddy.

Back